Al songs on the radio

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Al on the radio

Post by minnick27 »

Every once in a while a local radio station pays Eat It during the lunch hour. Well today they didnt, but there was a mention about Poodle Hat comig outon 5/20 (in case anybody has missed it), but Im thinking there will be pretty good rotation, at least on that station. Good news for me!

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

You get to hear Al regularly? :wow: On a radio station? I'm amazed! The last time I heard a radio station here play Al was...oh yeah, when he was coming out here for a concert and they were doing the backstage dealy contest.

-CindyBob
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

The only time I heard Al on the radio here was when I got in my car to drive to work and just caught the beginning of a telephone interview. It's a station that regularly plays Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and the newer groups, but no Al.
Captain Wacky
Occasional

Post by Captain Wacky »

Back in the day one of the stations in Edmonton, Canada played Smells Like Nirvana all of the time...Oh how I miss those days.
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

I think the last time I heard Al on the radio was around when Star Wars: Episode I was released... they played half of Yoda on a morning show here. Before that, I can't remember... unfortunately it's few and far between. :huh:

Adrian
syxtfour
Regular

Post by syxtfour »

There was once a radio station in the bay area of California that had a four hour show that was geared towards kids and early teens, and they had Al songs on there on a regular basis. I remember those times vividly, too, because the only radio I had at my house that could pick up the station was my grandpa's clock radio. Sadly, about four years ago, the station went out of business. I have yet to hear Al on the radio since then. :huh:
Hey, snowman with a pine cone head! I HATE YOU!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I heard "Polkamon" on Radio Disney once. But that was it...
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Oops. Wait, I've never heard Al on the radio period. It was one of my friends who heard him and then told me the next day about the contest.

I gave him props anyway for trying to call anyway, even though he didn't really know the answers.

-CindyBob
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

You get to hear Al regularly? :wow: On a radio station? I'm amazed! The last time I heard a radio station here play Al was...oh yeah, when he was coming out here for a concert and they were doing the backstage dealy contest.

-CindyBob

Well not regularly anymore, and it was only semi regular before, maybe once a month, which I guess is alot for a song that is over 6 months old the way the music business is. The one thing I wonder is, doyou think that eventually we will get Al on oldies stations? I know my local statio plays alot of the novelty tunes of yesteryear, and we are only a few years from 80's songs actually being oldies. I dont want to think ofAl as an oldies artist, but I guess it will evetually happen.

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
dead_parrot
Occasional

Post by dead_parrot »

Radio Disney played a lot of Al when RWS came out. Only a few songs though, The Saga Begins, Yoda, and occasionally Rocky Road. When Polkamon came out they played that too. I listened too it partly to hear Al, because I didn't have any cds yet and partly because I had young siblings and they liked Radio Disney. The station even did this contest where I think you'd go to Disneyland, go to a Weird Al concert and Al would pick you and your family up in a limo to go see Star Wars Ep. 1. I was 12 or 13 at the time and I tried for weeks to win that contest. Of course I doubt they'll be playing very much if any this time around, all they play now is teen pop.