Al songs on the radio

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

arewethereyet
Occasional
Location: 70 miles east of the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota

Re: Al songs on the radio

Post by arewethereyet »

Listening to a public radio quiz show called "Ask Me Another" -- today's show has a segment in which someone sings a bit of one of Al's songs but stops , and the contestants have to give the end of the phrase. Here's their website: http://www.npr.org/programs/ask-me-another/ (the segment called "Two Tickets to Parodies", of course)
5/3/12 Minneapolis; 10/13/12 Milwaukee; 8/3/13 Prior Lake, MN; 8/4/13 Des Moines; 7/3/15 Prior Lake, MN; 8/18/16 Thunder Bay, Ontario; 4/3/18 Minneapolis; 6/23/19 Madison; 8/27/19 MN State Fair
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Al is going to be featured on a Toronto radio station, Newstalk1010, Sunday morning from 9-11. If anyone is around Toronto, you could win prizes. If not, you can listen.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/Hosts/SundayMorning.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

One of my family members just heard Word Crimes played on the radio!!!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

dead_parrot, it's good to know someone else remembers hearing Al on Radio Disney! That, in fact, was where I first discovered the majority of Al's classics! (and then some!) In late '97, the first Al song I remember hearing them play was "Phony Calls," and they would regularly play "Yoda," "The Saga Begins," "Eat It," "My Bologna," "I Love Rocky Road," "Lasagna," and even "Spam!" At one point though they did play "Jurassic Park," but only once do I remember hearing it. Yes, I do remember the "Weird Al is my Pal" sweepstakes...I wish they did that again! Spending a day at Disneyland with Al sounds amazing!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

the local station from UW-Milwaukee plays 2 versions of the same song during a one-hour block on Mondays apparently, which also turned out to be Al's birthday this year. Amazingly, I generally don't listen to the radio but found myself drawn to this station on a day that also happened to be Al's birthday, unbeknownst to me. So they played Pharrell's Happy and then Tacky. Before they played the songs they commented on Weird Al's #1 album and gave him a very happy birthday. this might be the only time I've heard Weird Al on the radio, although I think I heard Christmas at Ground Zero one time, though I can't recall the station.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

The rock radio station here in Ottawa was celebrating bands that have been on The Simpsons which there were quite a lot of but I didn't hear any Al songs or mentions which made me want to kill them.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!