Al on Tom Green . . . Reviews!

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

im predicting either Kilbourn or Tom Green taking over for letterman.

leno still has a good 10 years in him anyway.
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Last time Al was on the Ronn Owens show here, Ronn started out with a long list of Al's achievements. Al sounded very surprised and remarked "Wow, that's amazing! How'd you remember all that stuff?", and Ronn replied, "That's what they pay me the big bucks for, Al."

That's it exactly.

Too many interviewers concentrate on 20 years ago instead of focusing on whatever the guest is promoting. They should at least ask questions from this millenium.

Ask about recording "Hardware Store". How was it done? Discuss "Bob"

being in palindromes. Did he come up with them himself, or did he use a website? Talk about the song "eBay", and Al's recent auction. Plug Al's website. Ask about celebrity reactions to being used in Al-TV and

if they have to give permission, etc. (I know that was covered in Ask Al, but it's still of general interest). Bring up Billy Joel. These all focus on what Al and his current CD. Give Al a chance to talk about his tour, tell an amusing story about his show.

Al is all over the internet, and if an interviewer isn't really interested in doing his own research, heck they can just summmarize some of the FAQs and then delve into some past Ask Als of general interest and sound brilliant. It just doesn't get any easier than that.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

QUOTE Squirrelygirl's entire post

fair enough. i guess my point was that the pattern has shown over all the years of al being on talk shows that no one seems to care enough to do that much research. i agree that the questions you've posed would be good ones, but i think if i were interviewing al on a talk show like that, i'd still bring up the eminem thing and maybe draw a comparison to coolio but not dwell on that topic.

i havent seen the interview yet though i'll get a copy soon (thanks SG!!!) but for me, seeing Tom and Al in the same room will be a real treat because these two guys are and were my comic idols and i draw a lot of inspiration from each of them in my personality.

-jon
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

trascript? is someone posting one....*hint hint*

darn my antenna......
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I could probably work on it...
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

gosh...everytime I make a request, you jump to it....I'm feeling guilty....you don't have to. sounds like the normal stuff.....
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Don't feel guilty. It's not gonna work anyway... my VCR has issues about being rewound and start/stopped. If I can get it done I will, but don't hold your breath.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

QUOTE Don't feel guilty.  It's not gonna work anyway... my VCR has issues about being rewound and start/stopped.  If I can get it done I will, but don't hold your breath.

Does your VCR need to be cleaned? Mine was having some problems, then I cleaned it, and it works fine now. :huh:

-CindyBob
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

tonights episode of TNTGS had the UFO guy back on and he was ultra pissed about how short his stint was last time and when he was on for a short time again this time he got even more pissed.

what a crazy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yeah, that "ufologist" is a riot. He should be a regular guest! He's the best part of the show!

The space grandma was funny too.

Wait. If a person who studies UFOs is a "Ufologist" then is a person who studies UHF a "UHFologist"