Nick Magazine's 10th Anniversary Party (was: speculation)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah, I also noticed he skipped that verse. Cut for time, maybe?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wow that performance sucked. Nickelodeon wasn't very generous.
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

I did notice the missing verse and forgot to mention it when I was posting here. Thanks for the reminder. And not to harsh you, TMBJon!, but NO Al performance ever sucks. It may not be up to top ALNESS but it simply does not suck. Al gave it all he could. I'm sure he was dealing with time constraints as well as censors, which we already know what part they played. I totally enjoyed the way the boys performed, as I always do.

Stupidhippie

:stupid:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Al and the band were great but the actual... I dunno, the cuts to cartoons and random shots of superheroes in conjunction with that ridiculous host... I'm just glad I watched the MPG and didn't suffer thru the rest of the show.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

I think Jon means that Nick made the performance worse by doing all those stupid cuts during the performance.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Ok, Ok, point taken. Like I said, I wasn't harshing him anyway, but I get what yer saying now. :satisfied:

Stupidhippie

:stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE Al gave it all he could.  I'm sure he was dealing with time constraints as well as censors, which we already know what part they played.  

Don't forget, this was filmed right after the FIRST week of the tour. You remember the first week don't you? The Konocti Windy Concert of Doom, and the Vegas show where the instruments BARELY showed up in time. Bermuda said just 30 minutes before the show, if I heard correctly.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Maybe Al should just call the first week the "second week"... sometimes it works. :P
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Poor Al...actually, I hadn't noticed the cut verse until you mentioned it...:blush:..kinda embarassed about that...<ahem>..but moving on...The sound quality was poor, but WHOSE FAULT WAS THAT?!?! NOT AL!! ;)

Anyway, good points about the TiVo line...I guess the Richard Simmons innuendo was TOO MUCH for those kooky Nick censors...but they did pick Al out of how many musical artists???? :biggrin: Yeah it was corny, but its ok with me...:inlove:

ttyl all

~*Cat*~ :choon: :biggrin:
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

but they did pick Al out of how many musical artists????

Well, they could've picked Candy Boy and Half Dollar, but the censors would have had a heart attack.