Al on tv yesterday

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

al fan300
Regular

Al on tv yesterday

Post by al fan300 »

You see I am from R.I and in Providence Al went on the radio promoting Poodle Hat [also my school doesn`t really l;ike him but they heard it on a bus ride so that might changed ^_^]I forgot completely he would be here and I was very upset.When i get home from school my Mom tells me he would be on the news at 6;00 [it was yesterday so people who live in other areas missed it local missed it]and it wasn`t on weirdal.com because it wasn`t expected.

Then I found out fans gathered to meet him at Dunkin Donuts.I pretty much was devastated that I missed our fav singer.The next day my uncle gave me a article about it in the Providence Journal [local newspaper]

it said he was wearing a hood to fool fans so he can buy some doughnuts.I felt so bad for him because a fan recognized him and this dunkin donuts area was in a crowded shopping center so he was mobbed.I felt bad for Al because he just wanted some doughnuts

[and maybe some starving crazed weasels]

I thought you guys would like to here this.Al 4 eva!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Al was in Rhode Island? Any idea why he was there? Please tell me he was in town shooting a video!

Can you scan the article? We need details.

You're sure it was him and not Eminem buying donuts?

I wonder if he can ever order donuts without some chucklehead going "No, we're out of (whatever he ordered"? Poor Al.
al fan300
Regular

Post by al fan300 »

Well he was there to promote Poodle Hat for a radio show....I`m not good with a scanner and the article isn`t with me sorry.I wish it was a video shooting though.The great thing is my class HATES Al [because they hate everything i like coincedentily,but that is a different story]i heard from a classmate that the radio show with al was heard on one of the major busses with most of the Jr. high listening to it laughing there heads off.Fianlly people are starting to like it.But it will probably be Al`s 15 seconds of fame in my school.Darn.
al fan300
Regular

Post by al fan300 »

Oh yeah I forgot to answer Scottidog`s other questions.The article said it was Al.Not Eminem there because a whole TRASH bag load [trash day joke...hehe]of al fans shown up along with news crew to proove it.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Hmmm... with all the phone interviews (Al's just phonin' it in these days!) I find it hard to believe that's the only reason he was there.

Perhaps he's taking a few days off before things get really busy. But why Providence?

Sigh... Well at least I know where he will be on June 22nd...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Perhaps he's taking a few days off before things get really busy. But why Providence?...

Didn't I see something on AMW-A about him being in Rhode Island for a benefit for that night club fire?
al fan300
Regular

Post by al fan300 »

Oh yeah.He did come to R.I to benefit for The Station fire.

I ddn`t even know Al knew about this.That fire is more well known than I thought.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, ok. That makes more sense.

Whattaguy. And not a peep about it at The Mothership. That also explains why he would do all the radio spots since he was in the neighborhood anyway.

He never ceases to impress me.

I probably should spend more time over at AMW-A, but that place scares me. Hard to follow threads, and it's tough to escape The Rooster idiocy.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Yeah, I read that he went to R.I. for a fire benefit. I also remember that reading that he was the only one on time.

-CindyBob
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

SD wrote:
I probably should spend more time over at AMW-A, but that place scares me. Hard to follow threads, and it's tough to escape The Rooster idiocy.

FYI:

I used to read it through the Outlook Express newsgroup option, (for anyone who has that available and doesn't want to use Google groups. It was a piece of cake to read, and all I had to do was block out any offending trolls, so Stan never was a problem.

sg