Page 1 of 1

Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:00 pm
by Elvis
Looks like Al will be covering the theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim some time this season. (source)

This season will also feature a handful of artists covering the show's theme song including Steve Earle, Ty Segall, Against Me!, Bob Mould, Stephen Malkmus, Camper Van Beethoven, Elizabeth Cook, and "Weird Al" Yankovic.


Could this be the unknown Track 22?

Dave

Re: Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 pm
by Muppetboy09
Elvis wrote:Looks like Al will be covering the theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim some time this season. (source)

This season will also feature a handful of artists covering the show's theme song including Steve Earle, Ty Segall, Against Me!, Bob Mould, Stephen Malkmus, Camper Van Beethoven, Elizabeth Cook, and "Weird Al" Yankovic.


Could this be the unknown Track 22?

Dave

All signs point to this being Track 22:
    -Not an Al Song
    -Not the Band
    -Recorded, but yet to be released
    -Time frame seems to line up

Re: Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 am
by Stardraw123
Muppetboy09 wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Could this be the unknown Track 22?

Dave

All signs point to this being Track 22:
    -Not an Al Song
    -Not the Band
    -Recorded, but yet to be released
    -Time frame seems to line up

Yeah but...
bermuda wrote:The track in question is not from a movie, or TV, or the web.

Re: Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:28 am
by Muppetboy09
Stardraw123 wrote:Yeah but...
bermuda wrote:The track in question is not from a movie, or TV, or the web.

Huh...I completely forgot about that...

Re: Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:13 pm
by stardrop
I assume this happened from the fake Al appearance and following talks.

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/7 ... 3893788674
#Squidbillies #NotMyVoice #HeyImAvailable #CallMeNextTime


https://twitter.com/DaveWillis2/status/ ... 5896145921
No - we wanted to use Weird Al! We were shot down by his reps!


https://twitter.com/NickGibbons/status/ ... 4058603520
@alyankovic , you should totally write a parody of our theme song for an episode, right @DaveWillis2? #squidbillies

Re: Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:23 am
by Margarita
So, guys, what do you think of the Squidbillies Theme Song cover by Al?
First of all, I'm really happy he's done it polka style :accordion: , and also, I was really concerned about the "sons of b*****" lyrics, because, you know... Al does not use such language. But he found a nice solution! :D

Re: Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:56 pm
by hungerfan
Never heard the original version but his got me movin' and groovin' like usual.

Re: Al sings theme song to "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:01 am
by bermuda
BTW, that's me, Jim & Al. :)