Star vs. The Forces of Evil

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CB Johnny
Addicted

Re: Star vs. The Forces of Evil

Post by CB Johnny »

Negativity is healthy. Criticism doesn't have to be drenched in diplomacy or positivity or empathy. It's nice to but exhausting.

So about Al's performance on the show. Did he talk about his experiences anywhere? Anything showing him at the recording booth?

I read one bit of speculation on Reddit that he may have been cast for some sort of symbolism about Al's parody work. Personally I felt it was a bit of a stretch but I'm open to being persuaded.
stardrop
Occasional

Re: Star vs. The Forces of Evil

Post by stardrop »

CB Johnny wrote:So about Al's performance on the show. Did he talk about his experiences anywhere? Anything showing him at the recording booth?
I know the season 2 press release while ago mentioned Al, but I have not spotted recording booth pics etc yet. (Well I'm not actively following svtfoe topics...I'm mainly following MML, and I note pics like this)

Personally I'm not so certain about the true nature of Preston.
Spoiler:
His scene with Sensei(sucking his joy repeatedly) and the fact he tried to suck more joy after telling Star "No more joy sucking" hint that he is probably not so trustworthy.
But at the same time, he seems to be popular for long time... If grand finale is something that leaves people drained and sad, I assume it would have been very hard for him to sustain his popularity. Maybe the finale could have been something that would shower people back with collective joy.

There is no way to tell. And Preston is, apprently, gone...