Can't believe what was on TV last night...

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Can't believe what was on TV last night...

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I wish I would have known so I could have told you guys but...

All week long, The Splat (A block showing late 80s/90s nick) has been showing Double Dare, one ep a night until last night. First night DD, then 2nd night FDD, but to EVERYONE'S surprise (everywhere I looked that people were talking about it, people were going nuts!) It wasn't the regular FDD, but the short lived FOX version that I've never seen, and as far as I can tell, has never been on TV since it's original run. So last night FDD was on again, I was planning on watching it live but it started storming, and I am paranoid about that kind of thing so I turned my TV off... found out this morning, it was FOX FDD again... This time with AL!

I was freaking out!!!

I had heard about the ep, but I hadn't thought about it in a long time, and it never even crossed my mind that one of those last night could POSSIBLY be the AL one.

I REALLY wish I could have seen it live because they play the eps again in the middle of the night, so you could have still seen it.

Man AL Dominated. The score ended like 625 to 100. And Marc Summers called Lou Forigno a wimp :P.

In the obstacle course, After showing AL what he would be doing, he goes to the next obstacle and says, "Have you ever heard the phrase 'the check's in the mail?" I was like, "Too bad he didn't ask AL that..."

It was awesome to see!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Re: Can't believe what was on TV last night...

Post by Yankopunk »

That really would've been cool to see! This reminds me of something: I was reading an article about VH1 Classic being re-branded into MTV Classic. Supposedly, they're going to play programming from the 80s and 90s. Many people are overjoyed because they'll be showing Beavis & Butt-head and all the other old shows MTV used to air. I immediately thought, "It would be epic if they got AL TV episodes on air again!" Let's hope so! :D
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
just2good
Occasional

Post by just2good »

It's on Daily Motion!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5r0je ... e-part_fun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Speaking of MTV Classic (I feel dirty saying that......), Al's Behind the Music Remastered is scheduled to air tomorrow afternoon, so that's cool.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Scott
Occasional

Post by Scott »

I'm a big Double Dare fan so I was Tivoing all of the episodes that aired last week and I was definitely pleasantly surprised to see Al's episode air. I knew he was on an episode, but I've never seen the whole thing. Al definitely seemed to be into the game.

Those episodes were also the first time I saw the Fox FDD episodes. It was weird seeing Double Dare contestants wearing polo shirts.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Teh Dingo wrote:Speaking of MTV Classic (I feel dirty saying that......), Al's Behind the Music Remastered is scheduled to air tomorrow afternoon, so that's cool.
Thank you for the heads up! I love that documentary. :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

I just turned on AXS TV and "The Big Interview with Dan Rather" is on. Al is being interviewed!
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Kemit27

Post by Kemit27 »

Wow, I saw Al's episode when it first aired! I haven't really thought about it since.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

I'm a little behind the times. I don't have cable, so I only watch it when I'm house/pet sitting. This past time, I hit the mother lode of Al related shows. I saw two episodes of CBB, the above mentioned interview, the Behind the Music with Al, and even My Little Pony ! I was a happy girl!
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

catladyleeann wrote:I'm a little behind the times. I don't have cable, so I only watch it when I'm house/pet sitting. This past time, I hit the mother lode of Al related shows. I saw two episodes of CBB, the above mentioned interview, the Behind the Music with Al, and even My Little Pony ! I was a happy girl!
Never gets old to see Al on TV, does it? Even if it's something I've seen a million times, I love seeing him on my screen. :)