UStream/Livestreaming

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

UStream/Livestreaming

Post by yankochick38 »

I don't feel like digging through 30 pages to see if/when this was already talked about, so I'm making a new topic. :P

Al did a livestream back in 2009 to answer Twitter questions and talk about Internet Leaks, and currently, the recording still exists (yay!). As far as I'm aware, this was/is his first and only livestream (even though he keeps saying that he's definitely going to do more during this one!).

Livestreaming has advanced greatly since 2009, especially with the rise of Periscope where anyone is able to start a broadcast on their phone at any time and see comments and likes on the same screen. You're also able to livestream directly from Youtube, where the recording could be saved as a Youtube video for ease of future viewing. Do you think Al would ever want or have any reason to livestream in the future? I definitely think it would be something for Al and His People to look into. Livestreaming doesn't even have to be such a formal thing anymore - I get Periscope notifications from Team Coco where they just livestream the stage during commercial breaks. And you know what? People watch it!

Currently, this topic is mostly to serve the purpose of having the link to the recording of that one Ustream out where people can find it, as well as discussing/convincing Al doing any future livestreaming. That grammar is odd but I didn't quite know how to word it so that's what you get!
If Al DOES livestream in the future, post about it here! :magic:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Re: UStream/Livestreaming

Post by KatrinatheGood »

Me thinks Al doing another live stream would be heaps of fun! I've never seen the first one before so I have to watch today. Live streaming back stage of a concert or something like that would be pretty cool.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

KatrinatheGood wrote:Live streaming back stage of a concert or something like that would be pretty cool.
I volunteer to be the Periscoper on the crew. :#
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Al for AGDQ
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

He had another one scheduled but he was in Hawaii and their Internet was awful and it was never rescheduled
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Heds
Obsessed

Twitch?

Post by Heds »

I'd like to see him stream on Twitch. While it's mainly for gaming there's been a Creative section recently launched (with a Bob Ross marathon every Monday) and Monstercat also stream there. It would be good to have a interview-type stream every once in a while. Al and TBITB should really consider it, an AMA-type thing every Friday or whatever day suits them - I know they have a busy schedule, especially Al as he controls and works through the band.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Every week is too much. They shut down Ask Al because the questions got too repetitive, and that was only once a month
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ