Al-TV Reviews (was New AL-TV News)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Here's another positive review from the Music board:

RE: AL-TV
AL-TV was the best. Anyone who makes Avril look that dumb has my respect. I loved it when he interviewed Eminem and played Couch Potato. It's a good song so I don't know why Em's bitching. It was a great show. I hope that there's more episodes of AL-TV.
More from the Music board. This is from another thread that someone else started. *The other comments were from a thread I started*
Title of the thread? "I love weird al"
I love weird al
I just watched al-tv. It was hilarious. He ripped into eminem with that "interview". I loved it. He finds ways to point out truths in a very entertaining way.
from jugalette27 *possibly a female juggler?* hehe *the post above*
RE: I love weird al
OH MY GOSH! I saw that too! He sooooo busted Avril with that rip-off! I'd like to see an actual interview with Avril, I'd bet it'd have very similar outcomes! I saw that and it just made that day! Now I have a deep and sincere love for that man, I really do. Thank you Wierd Al, thank you. lol!
I think the term "rip-off" was being used to describe the real interview footage Al used of Avril, combined with Al's questions. Yeah.

I watched it, too. I've actually seen that episode twice now and I LOVE IT! He made Avril look like the rambling idiot that she is. She doesn't know who David Bowie is!! And he pointed out that she doesn't know real punk music. God, I love him.

I only saw the last 30 min of it.
He is hillarious!!!

what did he say the name of his new album was?

Love that last one! hehe! These people LOVE Al! Yes! :biggrin:

Patti
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You know, I'm convinced the best selling point of any "Weird Al" project is "Weird Al." If he can just get out there and be seen people react. As Bermuda said: "Video Schmideo!"

WAY to go Al!!

May 27 thousand Eminem fans dump him and come on over to the Weird Side!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

You said it, sister! I love posting from the message boards at mtv.com, because there are people who know me as the "Weird Al expert". *hehe, if they only knew there were others who know WAY more* and others who don't know me at all. Just seeing all the different opinions, most of them good, makes me happy! :)

Patti
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

Here's another positive review from the Music board:
AL-TV was the best. Anyone who makes Avril look that dumb has my respect. I loved it when he interviewed Eminem and played Couch Potato. It's a good song so I don't know why Em's bitching. It was a great show. I hope that there's more episodes of AL-TV.
Patti

I'm glad to see reaction to AL-TV is so good, even with non-Al fans! I think I was too quick to judge the type of humor in parts of it. It goes to show that Al knows a lot more about humor than I do--as if there were any doubt about that!! :)

OE, About Al's making Eminem out to be gay: I thought about the fact that there were rumors about Al's sexual orientation at one point. Since Eminem is known to be pretty anti-gay, despite his performance with Elton John (which I still don't get), there is a sort of justice to it.

And while I was watching AL-TV again yesterday (gonna have to face it, I'm addicted to Al!) the ring is clear, especially in the "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" segment when he's holding the ill-fated Harvey.

So I guess that wasn't the best post I've ever written (*goes back in time and stops self from posting it*). Like I mentioned I did really like this AL-TV, so I at least had that part right!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

It's great to see all of the positive feedback for AL-TV! Remember that this is only the pilot episode, but from the ratings we have been receiving thus far, I'm sure we can all expect to see more AL-TV very soon!

We better...... :mad:

After all, Al will need a regular gig until Album 12 comes out in 2011.
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

It's great to see all of the positive feedback for AL-TV! Remember that this is only the pilot episode, but from the ratings we have been receiving thus far, I'm sure we can all expect to see more AL-TV very soon!
We better...... :mad:

After all, Al will need a regular gig until Album 12 comes out in 2011.

Why 2011? Just curious--is there something you know?! :)

Fortunately Al doesn't only release albums in years divisible by 27: we'd have to wait until 2025!!!!!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

OE, About Al's making Eminem out to be gay: I thought about the fact that there were rumors about Al's sexual orientation at one point.

I don't think it was even rumors, I think it was more, um.... unfounded hopefulness? From a certain doomed-to-disappointment segment of his fanbase? :lookround: And probably based primarily on his zip code? How could a guy who wears shirts like that and lives in Hollywood not be... you get the idea.

I don't remember the source, I think it was an online chat a couple of years back, somebody asked Al, "What color socks are you wearing?" and he answered, "Pink, because I'm comfortable with my masculinity." :biggrin:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I was hoping to see credits at the end. I realize why they didn't, but still...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I was hoping to see credits at the end. I realize why they didn't, but still...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Anyone notice in the Timberlake interview, right before he says "It's big," he looks down at...it? Like he was talking about it in the real interview? :crazy:

Excuse me while I throw up. :dontgetit:
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;