Newspaper and Magazine Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Newspaper and Magazine Alerts

Post by minnick27 »

Lets Kickstarter that movie Al!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

(An adventurous eater he does not seem to be. “What’s Shurrey-shratcha?” he asks, pointing to Sriracha on the menu.)
Okay, Al had to be joking with the interviewer here, right? How can the guy who is so plugged-in to pop culture (and food!) not know what Sriracha is? Personally, I think it's overhyped and don't use it, but I do know what it is because there was a stretch recently when people were talking about it like it was manna from Heaven and seemingly every restaurant had a dish that featured it.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

It was also in the news fairly recently for having an extremely stinky factory, so I'm kind of surprised that Al hasn't at least heard of it. Maybe he knew what it was called but didn't recognize the spelling when he saw it on the menu.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

It might be worth buying a Sunday paper this week for some Al in print
http://parade.condenast.com/340203/joel ... -got-away/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://parade.condenast.com/343868/joel ... ast-album/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leighr

Post by leighr »

Could a UHF movie happen by Kickstarter? I know he says it didn't do well enough at the box office but it definitely has a big cult following. Even non-Al-oholics.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

leighr wrote:Could a UHF movie happen by Kickstarter? I know he says it didn't do well enough at the box office but it definitely has a big cult following. Even non-Al-oholics.
I wish UHF was a real channel on TV. I would totally watch another UHF movie. I loved it! :potato:
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Has anyone else seen this doozie? It isn't even from the Onion, it's from Mediamass.net.

"The American singer-songwriter has an estimated net worth of $245 million. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Yankovic Burger” chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the “Downey Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderyankovic - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Weird Al) and a fashion line called “Weird Al Yankovic Seduction”.

The ranking is significant for many Weird Al fans, who have been waiting for his triumphant return to the glory days for what seems like a lifetime."

WTF!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I didn't know anything about this until just now. WTF, indeed!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Squirrelygirl wrote:Has anyone else seen this doozie? It isn't even from the Onion, it's from Mediamass.net.

"The American singer-songwriter has an estimated net worth of $245 million. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Yankovic Burger” chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the “Downey Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderyankovic - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Weird Al) and a fashion line called “Weird Al Yankovic Seduction”.

The ranking is significant for many Weird Al fans, who have been waiting for his triumphant return to the glory days for what seems like a lifetime."

WTF!
That website is clearly a joke, because a quick search of "yankovic" revealed such treasures as "Weird Al Yankovic Nude Photos Leaked Online", "Weird Al Yankovic Single Again?", "Weird Al Yankovic voted Sexiest Singer Alive (again)" (not that I disagree with latter), and many alike.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Apparently, Playboy magazine had some Playmates dress as sexy versions of several famous people. Al was represented, but I think the gal dressed as him should've lost the glasses.

Sexy Weird Al Playmate

Yeah, they made Weird Al sexier, or so they claim. I don't think so.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325