Newspaper and Magazine Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

Yeah, the quote of the movie was "Badgers? Badgers?! We don't need no stinking badgers!"

The number one cult movie was "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

These were all chosen because of tons of mail people sent in complaining because THEIR movie wasn't on the list!....atleast, that's my understanding.
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Yes. They weren't on the original list, and they had another list of 11 with complained movies and the reason for omitting it.

EW: (About Eminem) Ummm, what happens now?

AL: Now Eminem writes a song about me and I cry about it because I'm very sensitive.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

QUOTE Woah...

burgerbarge writes:

Rating: 1 / 10

Weird Al SUCKS. The fact that he is even still around doing this stupid smurf after, like, 100 years is just plain retarded. He's never been funny, he's never been talented, and he's never rocked. The fact that this guy actually has \"fans\" speaks worlds about how stupid and easily amused we are as a culture. Want some good comedy? Go watch \"O Brother, Where Art Thou?\"

{ May. 23, 2003 | Post 8 of 8 }

----------------

yankovic_27 writes:

Rating: 2 / 10

Agreed with the RS Review  

I am a huge “Weird Al” fan. Just because \"Weird Al\" puts out an album doesn't mean I, as a fan, should automatically love it. I have been a \"Weird Al\" fan for as long as I can remember and have all of his music I can find. You don't have to have a PHD in parody or comedy music to come to the conclusion that \"Poodle Hat\" wasn't that funny. My opinion: This is his worst work comedically. He shines in singing capability and musical talent but his last two albums have shown a fraction of what he is capable of comically. How do I know? \"Bad Hair Day\" a relatively recent release had the strength in it to make it one of the best comedy albums ever. What has happened since then? What's the change? One can only guess. The fact remains he can do better. After the lousy sales this album I know will have, I think he’ll get the picture. Make no mistake, \"Weird Al\" rocks!!! \"Poodle Hat\" does not…

{ May. 22, 2003 | Post 7 of 8 }  

-----------------------

I like Burbages post, it makes me laugh. He's not talented? He's more talented than any other *#(& rockstar who whines and complains about their personal life. Eminem anyone? !#*#$@ them...

Oh... About the first one: I've read a similar message somewhere in the Net. "Weird Al Yankovic is a retard... He's not funny anymore..." then author suggests us to go for a REAL comedy and mentions some names that I don't know, with Adam Sandler among them. I know we're all very nice and polite people here, but also very clever, and in my opinion if there is a LEAST funny person on the planet, that would be Mr. Sandler. (Don't be afraid, I said that only because of that man who wrote that post, I don't think we can compare Al and Adam, they work in completely different genres.)

QUOTE I like Burbages post, it makes me laugh.

Oh goodness, I wish I could laugh with you, Andrew, but I just can't even breathe when people are writing such things, especially about Al. Can't imagine what do these people have in their mind, cannabis business probably... :huh:

QUOTE He's more talented than any rock star who whines and complains about their personal life. Eminem anyone?

Ha! Believe me, Eminem is not the worst one.

SEVA.
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

He was in MAD once... I forget which one, but it had "celebrity deaths" and Drew Carrey was featured. Next to his gravestone was a flower with a note attached to it saying "From Weird Al." Not much of a mention, but I though I'd throw it out there.
I slice lemons at weirdnesscentral.net
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Not a real magazine....but wouldn't it be cool if Al had his own monthly magazine like Oprah? It would be "Al" and he'd be on the cover of every issue. I think we'd all buy that.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Not a real magazine....but wouldn't it be cool if Al had his own monthly magazine like Oprah? It would be "Al" and he'd be on the cover of every issue. I think we'd all buy that.

Well, there was the Midnight Star issues...The nice fan newsletters.

I didn't even know Oprah had her own magazine.

-CindyBob
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

There's a small thing in Mad XL #22. The article 'Best of the Web' has a sub-article in it, 'Great Moments in MTV History' or something. In 1984, it mentions how MTV starts showing Al's videos, an artist who takes off on other people's songs, just like P. Diddy will years later.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Heh heh...good old Mad!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Goldmine

Post by Elvis »

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, haven't gotten through all of the 2900 messages posted while I was gone yet....

There's a review of PH in the latest "Goldmine" issue.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

In Star Wars Insider #69 (with Clone Wars on the cover), there's a nice, very detailed two-page article on Al's SW parodies. They almost spelled everything right, except one photo caption said Wierd Al. Plus, they never used quotes when saying "Weird Al" Yankovic.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;