Newspaper and Magazine Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I could have sworn that El mentioned having seen something about Al in the print version of The Onion... I can't find it though, so I thought I'd post this here...

The online version has an interview. I'm sure others have seen it, but I just stumbled across it this evening.

http://www.theonionavclub.com/justify.php?jye_id=20
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

So, while I was spoiler avoiding, did I miss the Rolling Stone article on Al? I found it online, but has it been in the print version?

I'd sure like to get the copy of Billboard... not likely I will find it here in podunkville... :huh:
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

A PHd in Comedy?. Would that make one :lookround: a Dr. of Dementia?

Or at least a

Doctorate of Alology and Dementology ... ;)

Dr. D.A.D.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

So, while I was spoiler avoiding, did I miss the Rolling Stone article on Al? I found it online, but has it been in the print version?

Nope.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Captain Tylor
Occasional

Post by Captain Tylor »

Does anyone know if we could contact Rolling Stone online and ask them to replace the review with one of a person who actually listened to the CD??

That review is:

A) Too Short.

B) Too mean

C) WRONG and misinformed with at least 3 mistakes about the songs alone!!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

People

Post by Elvis »

This one's a bit old, but if you have access to old issues of "People" magazine, you may want to look for it. There's a picture of Al on page 149 of the 4/7/03 issue of "People."

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

Al was in Entertainment Weekly TWICE this week!

UHF was ranked number 6 out of 11 TOP fan chosen cult movies! EW didn't put it(UHF) in May's top 50, because "they had seen this one"

They also had an article where they asked him dumb questions. It was interesting!
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Al was in Entertainment Weekly TWICE this week!
UHF was ranked number 6 out of 11 TOP fan chosen cult movies! EW didn't put it(UHF) in May's top 50, because "they had seen this one"
They also had an article where they asked him dumb questions. It was interesting!

Were the questions dumb on purpose, or could they just not help it? And what was the date on the issue?

(only for Al stuff would I be buying this mag :sleepy: )
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

It's a thing they do call "Stupid Questions", and some are serious, some are stupid. A transcript isn't on EW.com yet, so here's a few:

EW: In 1991's Naked Gun 2 1/2, you held OJ Simpson at gunpoint. You knew something was up before the rest of us, didn't you?

Al: When we were shooting, Leslie Nielsen had to slam a door into me, and by the 24th take, my bruises were starting to turn purple. It was OJ who said, "We shoud probably get Al some pads"... he was the nicest future murder suspect I've ever known.

EW:If you did a parody of one of your parodies, would the universe fold into itself while the song reverted to its original state?

AL: That is so deep. That would be like staring into a mirror with mirrored sunglasses and seeing infinity.

EW: Complete this analogy: Al is to rock star as lunch meat is to ___.

AL: Rock star.

And UHF was on cult list, with a picture and the quoted lines used were "I'm thinking of somethin' orange..." and "We don't need no stinkin' badgers!!!!"
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Okay, thanks. The mirrored-sunglasses thing alone is worth buying the magazine for. :D