Something funny...

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cameron Stitch
Occasional

Something funny...

Post by Cameron Stitch »

Hey, I recently bought Alapalooza: The Videos used from Amazon. Anyway, after the last video (You Don't Love Me Anymore) there was a little bit of silence and then all of a sudden this strange cartoon about some cat and dog running away from home and getting hit by trains popped up. I thought it was funny because on Off The Deep End, there's ten minutes of silence after that same song before Bite Me pops up. Hehe.
al fan300
Regular

Post by al fan300 »

Wow.I didn`t even notice that.Thanks for the info.....
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

O_o

Is that real, or did the guy you bought it from just record that on there?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Well, most commercial VHS tapes have something removed to prevent recording additional things.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Well, most commercial VHS tapes have something removed to prevent recording additional things.

All you have to do to re-record, however, is put a piece of tape over that tab....so, it's possible.....

~Allison
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

of course, we NEVER do stuff like that...we've just heard the rumors :lookround:

Sarah
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: Something funny...

Post by CatraDhtem »

Hey, I recently bought Alapalooza: The Videos used from Amazon. Anyway, after the last video (You Don't Love Me Anymore) there was a little bit of silence and then all of a sudden this strange cartoon about some cat and dog running away from home and getting hit by trains popped up.

Did it just abruptly appear in mid-cartoon, or did it actually seem to start at the cartoon's beginning? I'm asking because I have a strong feeling as to what happened.

Sometimes video companies recycle unsold or extra cassettes. While making the new batch of "Alapalooza: The Videos," this cassette of "Unnamed Dog and Cat Escapees" or whatever was used. The "Alapalooza" program only runs about fifteen minutes, so it's very likely that "Dog and Cat" simply ran longer and Volcano (or whoever it employs for video manufacturing) forgot to add the normal end-of-tape blackness and control track to cover it up.

Didn't someone also once say they saw a clip of Al dancing at the end of "Video Library?"
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

that makes sense, CD...thanks for that, it's probably right

Sarah :D