Weird Al on the Late Late Show Without Craig Ferguson (2/17)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Re: Weird Al on Craig Ferguson 10/17/14

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I can't understand half of what ferguson is saying, irritating.
taste is only something if it is yours.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I didn't know about the Canadian girlfriend, either. So, this was 20 years ago, and she was from Vancouver. Interesting. I knew Canadian Thanksgiving was earlier than ours, but I didn't know that it's celebrated on the second Tuesday in October, apparently since 1947. So, Al arranged a trip to visit this girl 1 1/2 months later, on American Thanksgiving, only to find out he was wrong. Bummer.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Awesome performance! I wish the interview was longer, those two are so funny together :lol: . Al's curls seemed to be especially curly that day :D
algonacchick wrote:It looks like that shirt and the jeans are new. Looks maroon to me.
So those other 3 (at least) shirts are also maroon, or are they burgundy? Anyway, the colour suits him and he seems to know it :D.
Well, Well, Well wrote:I can't understand half of what ferguson is saying, irritating.
I have no problem. I guess watching "Doctor Who" pays off :D .
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I don't have a problem understanding what Craig is saying, either, but he did say something in Scottish right before he said "Let's watch CBS". Just curious as to whether anyone can tell me what he said.

As far as the shirts in the red spectrum, whether they are maroon or burgundy, either one works for him.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

Al and Craigy-Ferg were AWESOME together. Two very funny guys having a funny conversation.

I think it's okay that he made the joke about drinking whiskey was vegan- Craig was laughing. If he didn't take it seriously, neither should anyone else.

The new shirt and jeans... wah.... <3
The majority of my commentary on this belongs in the Drool section, but OK, I guess it IS fitting I voice it some of it here in this appropriate event thread.

ARGGGH HE LOOKED SO GOOD!!! And he was so bouncy and cute I can't stand it.

He has this new thing for burgundy shirts, eh?!
He ROCKS the color. And the jeans. *u* I guess burgundy is the new Hawaiian print! It's the look for a slightly more grown-up Al. ;u;

The Canadian girlfriend/Thanksgiving story was hilarious, rofl. Poor boy! XD
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

algonacchick wrote:I don't have a problem understanding what Craig is saying, either, but he did say something in Scottish right before he said "Let's watch CBS". Just curious as to whether anyone can tell me what he said.
I think it was "[while I (not sure, it was very fast)] eat my kale, let's watch CBS".
Sailor-Polka-Moon wrote: I guess burgundy is the new Hawaiian print!
My exact thought :D
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Listening again, it sounds more like "Finish mah keel. . :lol: That doesn't make sense, either, but neither does Craig, so, yeah. Just seemed like he was heavy on the accent when he said that, which made me think it was Scottish.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

algonacchick wrote:Listening again, it sounds more like "Finish mah keel. . :lol: That doesn't make sense, either, but neither does Craig, so, yeah. Just seemed like he was heavy on the accent when he said that, which made me think it was Scottish.
Probably you're right and it was "finish my kale".
For me, not understanding only one sentence in half an hour show is very good :lol:
terpsichore
Occasional

Post by terpsichore »

louietheweaselfaceddogboy wrote:Did anyone else cringe when Al mentioned how drinking was vegan, while it is fairly commonly-known that Craig has been sober for a few decades now?
no, i thought it was funny...Craig and Geoff make jokes about drinking and drugs on a pretty regular basis. :) and it's hilarious. exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYqlpDYK50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

So I googled the difference between maroon and burgundy, found out that maroon is brownish red and doesn't have blue component in it, while burgundy is purplish red. Then I used GIMP to see RGB of those shirts, they all had about half as much blue as red, so I conclude they're burgundy :online: . I have nothing better to do with my time.