Galavant

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Re: Galavant

Post by tomatochives »

I can't believe I missed it.

Here's hoping someone DVRed the thing.... :F
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Here is another pic. I guess this was during rehearsal.

https://twitter.com/klikkonthis/status/ ... 76/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

tomatochives wrote:I can't believe I missed it.

Here's hoping someone DVRed the thing.... :F
I've seen streaming links already uploaded to the site where I watch all TV series. I haven't watched it yet though, I have to watch previous episodes first.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Here is a recap of Episode 5, from entertainment Weekly. http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/galavant-s ... ecb0ea124b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I made a comment as a guest, and misspelled curly. I can't edit. Please forgive me. :sorry:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

algonacchick wrote:I made a comment as a guest, and misspelled curly. I can't edit. Please forgive me. :sorry:
I agree with you, that part about familiar hair didn't make any sense. Maybe they meant "very unfamiliar"? That would be truth...
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

mellow weasel wrote: I've seen streaming links already uploaded to the site where I watch all TV series. I haven't watched it yet though, I have to watch previous episodes first.
Thanks for jogging my memory about the streaming links! :lol:

http://abc.go.com/shows/galavant/episod ... y-madalena
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I keep thinking it would have made a good movie if they tightened up the plot a little and cut some of the filler, but I think the show is fun for what it is. I like it. I don't know if I would go out of my way to be watching it if Al wasn't in it, but it's only 4 episodes, and I'm invested 3/4 already, so no harm in finishing it out. I'm kind of rooting for the king actually, he's very funny.

As for Al, I liked his performance, but I thought he was wasted as a singing monk. Yeah, I get it, he's a singer so they so they wanted to make singing a main focus of his character, but every character sings. I just felt they could have done a little more with him.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I agree totally with Dave on his analysis of this show.
The best way I can put it is, it's not good but it is funny. There are a lot of great gags and funny scenes, but they don't really add up to a collective whole.
And since there's clearly not going to be a season two (based on the way they are burning off two episodes at a time), it's worth watching just as a fan of comedy music.

:wsd:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

TMBJon wrote: And since there's clearly not going to be a season two (based on the way they are burning off two episodes at a time), it's worth watching just as a fan of comedy music.

:wsd:
I dunno, I just saw an interview with the actress who plays Maddalena; she was asked if she took home any souvenirs from the production, and she said, no, I think they need them for next season. They might do another season the same way they're doing this one: as a fill-in for shows that go missing. That would be a cooler way to do it, actually; this sort of thing needs a story arc that's less than a full season, I think.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I didnt think it was a burn off just because there are 2 episodes a week. It was stated from the start it would be that way.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ