The Compleat Al DVD Release

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

So excited for this to be released on DVD after all these years! I had always thought there just wasn't a big enough market to warrant going through the trouble of getting the rights and releasing this, but I am happy to be wrong about that!

I wonder what bonus features might be on this? Deleted scenes? Commentary? Really crossing my fingers for more AL-TV Best-Of that didn't make the cut.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: The Compleat Al DVD Release

Post by Big Spoon »

This is one of the things Al did that I still haven't seen. Very excited for it to get a DVD release!
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Big Spoon wrote:This is one of the things Al did that I still haven't seen.
WOW!! If anyone else hasn't seen this, at this point I recommend not watching through illegitimate online sources. It would be awesome to see it for the first time in a high quality remastered format without the music videos removed (as they are on most online sources).
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

I was fortunate enough to find this for rent around 1994-ish and we did the VCR-to-VCR transfer thing and I watched the CRAP out of that tape. That having been said, I have not seen it SINCE some point in the 90s so I'm super-duper-excited for this (mainly the bonus features!!!)!!! (sigh) I don't wanna do my laundry.
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Post by Cameron the Taco »

Oh boy, can't wait for this to be out and affordable in a format I can actually play! :D
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

About time! As you can see from my avatar (the laserdisc cover of the Compleat Al) I love this film.

I actually bought a laserdisc player and a laserdisc of this movie off ebay just to watch this in the best quality version available at the time. I even had Al sign my copy (along with my laserdisc of UHF.) Al mentioned to me as he was signing them that he had just gotten rid of all his laserdiscs not too long ago. I told him, the lack of a Compleat Al DVD was the reason I had them!

To all who haven't seen it, wait to watch it, the scene of them prepping to shoot the Dare To Be Stupid music video is awesome!

Other cool Compleat Al related thing I have, this poster:

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... 1jK-Dg.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

In retrospect, I have no idea how this happened but I somehow tracked down a VHS copy of The Compleat Al back in 1998. I remember being extremely anxious all day during school when I knew it was shipping that day, then I had to go to Hebrew school and was telling the teacher about it who couldn't care less. Then I stayed up late on a school night to watch it.

One of the funniest Weird Al video/film projects ever! I still have my VHS copy in a box somewhere at my parents' house. $$$
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I bought a copy from someone on Amazon back in 2001, and I couldn't wait to get home to check the mail every day to see if it had arrived. I still have the VHS, but I don't have a VCR.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

I know I said I haven't watched it since the 90s (which is true) BUT I DID find a copy at a Goodwill store back in either 2009 or 10. Never watched it. But I will watch the H.E. double-hockey C.K. out of the DVD!!!
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
vulgar

Post by vulgar »

I lost my VHS copy long ago in a move, so I am seriously thrilled about getting the compleat Al on DVD!! :yay: