UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Post by minnick27 »

Shes the big explosion in the background
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

ahmyeyesdotcom wrote: Al doesn't mention her in the SNL Nirvana story anymore.
I noticed that in the Tom Green interview. But hey, even though she's out of her mind, she was still a big part of the movie, so I'm surprised not to see her in that artwork.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

minnick27 wrote:Shes the big explosion in the background

It's the part she was born to play! :whoot:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Kevbo1987 wrote:even though she's out of her mind, she was still a big part of the movie, so I'm surprised not to see her in that artwork.
Exactly. I mean, I think she's cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs, too, but that doesn't erase the fact that she had a significant role in the flick. It's revisionist history, I tell ya!!

One way around it would have been to just show her and Al's silhouettes from the Gone with the Wind spoof at the end. . .that way they would at least be throwing a nod to the character.

Not that I'm actually worked up over this or anything. I just thought it was worth pointing out, but I really couldn't care less. We're getting a UHF Blu-Ray and The Compleat Al on DVD!! :tacky:
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

I get so sick of people being erased from history, solely due to things they said or did. It's sad to see that freedom leaving our country, while those who do not support the same viewpoints are free to make their opinions known all the time. It's ridiculous. It makes those of us who base our beliefs on very important foundations which were the basis of past, being ostracized and criticized for supporting the viewpoints, which we feel are correct.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Well, I mean, technically we don't even know that the picture Al posted is in fact the final artwork. It's possible that different artwork will be used that will include Victoria Jackson. I think it's a tad too soon to talk about attempts to erase her from history.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

She might have asked not to be a part of the cover for some reason. There may be something going on that we don't know.
Is my dude a dweeb?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Kevbo1987 wrote:Well, I mean, technically we don't even know that the picture Al posted is in fact the final artwork. It's possible that different artwork will be used that will include Victoria Jackson. I think it's a tad too soon to talk about attempts to erase her from history.
Yeah, well that was really my original question. Al posted it to Instragram with the announcement of the Blu-ray, but wasn't clear if that was going to be the actual cover art or maybe it was just art created for the announcement at Comic-Con (not necessarily for the disc). In any case, it's UHF artwork I've never seen before now.

I was basically kidding about the "revisionist history" thing. Another way to look at it is that the artwork only features characters in the movie who are funny, and Teri is really the only "straight" character in the movie. It could be a simple as that, and not necessarily some shadowy attempt by Shout factory to erase Victoria Jackson from people's memory. :foil:
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

I know nothing about this Victoria person (I took a quick look at Wikipedia article, but nothing stood out), but what is so horrible she's done that Al could have agreed to remove her :o? He seems such a non-discriminating person... So if it's nothing too horrible, there must be a different reason...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

She has her own views on things that dont sit well with the majority of the country.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ