Drunk History

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

MandatoryFun
Occasional

Re: Drunk History

Post by MandatoryFun »

I didn't appreciate this skit. The holacost is not funny. Still love Al tho
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

MandatoryFun wrote:I didn't appreciate this skit. The holacost is not funny. Still love Al tho
It didn't even have a single thing to do with the Holocaust. The closest to that it ever got was that it had Hitler in it. But it didn't have anything to do with anything other than the history of the boxing match and Hitler's reactions.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

I'm reasonably sure MandatoryFun was joking.
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

DFTT

I thought this was just mildly funny. I'm not big on drug or drinking humor, but it was mildly clever the way they did this. Though, as I was watching I couldn't help thinking that these narrations of history are probably more accurate than what you'd get from the average non-drunk person that you asked about these events.

Also, I'd appreciate much more a show like this with children narrating history from what they'd been taught in school retelling popular movie plots. It would be like that youtube video of the little girl describing Star Wars.

Al was decent enough in it even though he didn't have much to do. Hopefully they do another episode focusing more on Hitler so they can bring Al back.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I liked it a lot, especially when Hitler became Mr. COOL.

I have to admit, I liked the rest of it, and probably liked the Rosa Parks bit best. I just got a huge kick out of the narrator's methods of speech, especially when it came time to give everyone in the skit dialogue. The fact that everyone is legitimately drunk makes me happy, in a perfectionist way. Yeah. As a perfectionist.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Hopefully they do another episode focusing more on Hitler so they can bring Al back.
Haha, Al can and will be recast as some other historical figure if they want to bring him back onto the show. There have been several Richard Nixons, for instance.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

There were actually a lot of laugh-out-loud moments in the episode for me, especially during the Claudette Colvin segment (Burning Man/Birmingham, Claudette's baby appearing out of nowhere and the lawyer's shocked reaction, to name a few). And Al as Hitler was hysterical! The "cool" glasses, the awkward, panicked way he left the room while quickly reminding everyone, "No Jews." It was great.
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Al is doing another episode of Drunk History which airs June 26.
Spoiler:
“Heists” (June 26)
Rachel Bloom recounts the saga of Mossad agents capturing a Nazi general (“Weird Al” Yankovic). “Rachel tells that story so well — she doesn’t hold back,” says Waters. “And the only way to make a Nazi likable is to have it be ‘Weird Al.’”
https://www.tvinsider.com/693818/drunk- ... interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Al in an episode that Rachel Bloom is narrating????

:whoot:
And Peggy
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

And the story with Al is officially out:

Youtube