Al on My Little Pony

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Al on My Little Pony

Post by Wizzerkat »

So apparently Al will be doing a guest voice over on MLP!

http://news.everfree.net/2013/12/new-sy ... -yankovic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is my dude a dweeb?
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Al on My Little Pony

Post by yankochick38 »

Wow finally :ttr:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

And from what Im seeing this episode will include a song. Whether its Al singing or not, Im not sure. Also, wasnt there something a few months back with Jon recording with the music director for the show?
Insomnia
Occasional

Post by Insomnia »

Well the show apparently has a lot of musical numbers so I'm sure weird all will have one as well so I'll watch it online I guess.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I am related to Bronies who are very thrilled by this!
Is my dude a dweeb?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Well, I'm happy for those of you on this board who are fans of MLP but I probably won't be tuning in.

With all due respect, I just don't quite understand the whole "brony" phenomena.

I've had a certain facebook friend of mine (who coincidentally frequents this board on and off) explain to me the male appeal of "Friendship Is Magic" as patiently as he could, but I just don't feel like the show is for me.

I even tried watching a little bit of the show myself and still didn't get it. Al isn't going to be a big enough draw for me to see it again, as big of a fan of his as I am and I'm sure all of you are.

I certainly don't intend to make or draw on any broad, negative generalizations made about the show's fan culture or anything either. I just wanted to express an opinion.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I watch most things Al is in, but every so often I, like Casey, am not enticed to tune in, Al or no. This time I probably will watch. I actually have never seen a whole episode of this show, only a scene or two here and there.
Is my dude a dweeb?
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I've pretty much watched the entire show up until this point and I have friends who watch it too so I'm pretty sure at least *I'll* be watching it, then. :up:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I have a six year-old sister that watches this show ALL THE TIME, so chances are, I will be watching, whether I want to or not.

Having said that, I think she will like this episode a lot. I remember when the Yo Gabba Gabba thing started, she would always call me into the room to watch with her, haha. To be perfectly honest, I don't mind, and the show's characters are pretty interesting; I understand the more broad audience appeal, even if I don't quite fit the bill of being a "brony."
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
just2good
Occasional

Post by just2good »

I never considered myself a brony, but I watched the show up to the end of Season 3 and I know lots about the fandom and stuff. Season 1 was terrific. Great animation, great character development, and great music. Season 2 was half and half- some episodes were pretty good and some were mediocre or boring in that season. Then came Season 3. Season 3 was boring with uncreative plots, generic music, and constant pandering to the fans. I gave up by the end of that after they jumped the shark with the season finale.

With all that being said, I'll still tune into this episode. :P