The Commies

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

ThewEiRdOne27 @ Jan 12 2004, 05:26 PM wrote: [
Seva wrote: But... Tell me folks, am I the only one who see Al as a little bit more than just a parodist? Seems to me that such songs as Hardware Store had grown him up to another height.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. If you mean he has the ability to make really good original comedy songs, I'm with you 100%.
I think that he just meant Al's finally taller than Danny Bonaduce.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

Yeah. Watching the Tomorrow Show footage on UVC really made me realize how far Al's come. It used to just be a college weirdo, an accordian, and some guy name Jon playing a box. And now look at them!!!!!!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

The Commies are biased against white accordian players!!
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

crazygurl14 @ Jan 7 2004, 08:27 PM wrote: So what if SNL has seen better days everything will eventually have a weak point and then get back up. The only part of Mad tv i like is the Stewart part and when the lady goes huh huh huh huh. But commedy centralput that on during the time that SNL was on. Curse you Mad tv
Comedy Central was my primary source for good SNL, and I'm disasppointed that they dropped it. At least Mad TV is funnier than the current episodes of SNL (the ones still on NBC). Actually, watching paint dry would be 27,000 times more entertaining than watching a current/new SNL.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Sorry, a little bit out of topic, but folks, it's accordiOn, repeat after me - accordiOn. Is that too hard to remember for us Al fans?
-though who am I kidding, we Russians spell it (no Cyrillic alphabet, sorry) "akkordEon", so... it's no that necessarily, but still! :P
And about "another height of Al" (LOL Dave!): I think that HS is a perfect example to show how excellent Al is as a MUSICIAN, not just a parodist. Many of my friends don't get the idea about the song but they love listening for it's being musically AMAZING. And hey, who are we kidding, if Al was JUST a parody artist, we wouldn't get rid of countless Britney and Christina and NSync parodies, don't you think so? But he left all those for that Wierd All Yankovich guy. Luckily. (Or not???)

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Seva @ Jan 13 2004, 04:15 PM wrote: Sorry, a little bit out of topic, but folks, it's accordiOn, repeat after me - accordiOn. Is that too hard to remember for us Al fans?
:blink: Oops! Sorry! I really know how to spell it. (It's just the A key is so close to the O key that sometimes you get mixed up)
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

iisryan27 @ Jan 13 2004, 06:08 PM wrote: :blink: Oops! Sorry! I really know how to spell it. (It's just the A key is so close to the O key that sometimes you get mixed up)
Oh really? Then why does it seem on my keyboard that the A is almost on the opposite site of the O?

<_<
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

ThewEiRdOne27 @ Jan 14 2004, 12:10 AM wrote:
iisryan27 @ Jan 13 2004, 06:08 PM wrote: :blink: Oops! Sorry! I really know how to spell it. (It's just the A key is so close to the O key that sometimes you get mixed up)
Oh really? Then why does it seem on my keyboard that the A is almost on the opposite site of the O?

<_<
Do you have a Dvorak keyboard? THat might do it.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Genius in Maine @ Jan 13 2004, 06:12 PM wrote: Do you have a Dvorak keyboard? THat might do it.
Who? Iisryan27 or me? :huh:
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

ThewEiRdOne27 @ Jan 14 2004, 12:13 AM wrote:
Genius in Maine @ Jan 13 2004, 06:12 PM wrote: Do you have a Dvorak keyboard? THat might do it.
Who? Iisryan27 or me? :huh:
Iisryan. Yours is similar to mine (if you're using a standard keyboard).