Al-TV Reviews (was New AL-TV News)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

When I was coming back from the concert I was wearing my tour shirt. The security guard that checked me through asked me if I had seen the Eminem interview on ALTV. He said he thought it was really funny.

Just thought I'd mention it.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

CatraDhtem the Nudist
Erm....I hope not.

Thank God you don't have a newer avatar.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
essostupid!

Post by essostupid! »

OK, thanks for your help.

We do get some VH1 shows but only on muchmoremusic (sister station to muchmusic) and the only one we regularly get is driven. But they did show the weird al episode a couple times, so they might show Al-tv eventually.

By the way, you're totally right about muchmusic losing its sense of humour. They used to show specials on al and other artists like him, but they stopped a few years ago so that they can play the same specials over and OVER again...but im not bitter :crazy:

thanks again
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

my Al TV review

Post by Elvis »

Thanks to Vikki, I didn't have to wait until I got home to see Al TV!!

See the "Bob" video topic for my comments on "Bob."

I actually liked the AWBP video posted here better than the real one, but it was pretty much the same.

My favorite interview was the Avril interview. I also really enjoyed the Celine interview, and the Justin Timberlake interview. The Britney interview was only so so, but I did laugh a few times. I thought Al was a little soft in the Eminem interview but I did laugh quite a few times. He should have let the whole CP song play. And the "I was only kidding" at the end was really lame.

I did miss seeing Al TV News, as those are always funny. I would probably have rather seen Al TV News than "Bob" or AWBP.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Re: my Al TV review

Post by weirdallie27 »

. And the "I was only kidding" at the end was really lame.

That line is much funnier if ya know that Eminem has done that a couple of times in his songs......saying a bunch of horrible things, and then going, "I'm just kidding, America. You know I love you," or something like that. It was yet another jab at Eminem.

~Allison
Lounge Chair
Occasional

Post by Lounge Chair »

:)
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

QUOTE That line is much funnier if ya know that Eminem has done that a couple of times in his songs......saying a bunch of horrible things, and then going, \"I'm just kidding, America. You know I love you,\" or something like that. It was yet another jab at Eminem.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess that's what I get for not keeping up with today's music scene.

Did anyone notice that the title of the show, if you go by that little spinny thing in the corner, is called "Weird Al Presents: Al-TV"?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Yes, I believe VH1 wanted Weird Al in the title for recognization, and Al probably compromised. Much better. It even sounds dramatic:

"THIS HOLIDAY SEASON...YOU WON"T BELIEVE YOUR EYES...WHEN WEIRD AL PRESENTS...AL-TV!!!!!!!! THIS FILM IS NOT YET RATED."
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

FINALLY SAW IT! after a friend who's VCR was 'fixed' by an older brother, and another friend forgetting how to read a calendar, I finall went a recorded it while I was volunteering.....sure I saw it a month after everyone else...but whatever.....

my fave parts....or at least the parts that made me :inlove:

when al took avril's 'clothes' and put them over his head.....I laughed so hard, I was glad a commercial break was coming up!

Al kept pushing back his hair...ahhhhhh.....

the bob video was ok. it got repetitive, but it was GREAT for a days work!

the justin britney interview was great! when watching it with my parents, I made a quick escape during the big part...hehe

the celine interview cracked me up! I could smell my mother cooking....I was choking for air!

the Avril interview made me go "WHAT IN THE HECK WHERE THE ORIGINAL INTERVIEW?!?!?!" it was great!!

the Emenim was great!!! I loved it! it was nice and mean....

well that's all I can remember at the moment, it's late

not even hitler?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

my fave parts....or at least the parts that made me :inlove:
when al took avril's 'clothes' and put them over his head.....I laughed so hard, I was glad a commercial break was coming up!

That's one of my favorite bits too. The expression on his face is just priceless.