Wacko Al Article

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

But even the handwriting shows that they made an attempt to have it look like Al's writing.

Wet = ALWAYS Funny! :biggrin: I love that part.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

That AORTB page would give them the general style, then they could go from there.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

I believed the Onion article since I didn't know that the Onion makes up their stories. I was so psyched about Livin' La Vida Mocha; that I was actually singing the lyrics in the shower! Little did I know that it was just a fluke. So when PH came out and there wasn't any Mocha; then I began to think that he decided to make it a concert only song because of the controversy.

Well I was completely wrong; now I know not to believe the Onion. :) I personally thought that it was gonna be one of his best songs EVER! I still think that to this day. Al if your reading this please do that song.

...Gulp, Gulp, Drink it up Livin La Vida Mocha....At four bucks a cup you will soon go broke..Ah! That would be sucha COOL song. By the way the person who wrote the lyrics sure did a good job. Who knows he might be just as good as Al at writing songs!

Driew
In hiding since 2010
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Isn't that actually one of the songs Al's credited with, but didn't write? I seem to remember a similar title somewhere.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Driew, the funny thing is, that the article is a lot older than PH. See, it's a great example of parody done right. I'm sorry that you were disappointed, but it did it's job.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I'm familiar with the Onion, and take anything they say with a grain of salt (the same shaker I use on the shards of broken glass). It's hilarious!
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

I believe someone finished it and it might be on Not-Al songs.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Driew, the funny thing is, that the article is a lot older than PH. See, it's a great example of parody done right. I'm sorry that you were disappointed, but it did it's job.

Even so it would of been one of the best songs done by Al. He has made fun of coffee lovers yet that I know of. That's why it'd be so funny. I also believe that the video might have been better than even CP if one had been done.

Just because the article was a written way before PH came out doesn't mean it can't be on the ALbum. Unless it was done even before RWS.

Driew
In hiding since 2010
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Found it. The song he supposedly wrote was called Livin' La Vida Yoda. Not sure if it's a real song, done by someone else. brb with that info.

Two versions: one by Jimmy Fallon of SNL, the other by Todd Downing. Thanks to the Mothership's link to the Not-Al Page!