Damaskas

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Damaskas

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Killingsworth wrote:
louietheweaselfaceddogboy wrote:How is Musical Mike doing, Helen? Any particular reason he "gave up" the art of manualism?
At this point in his life, I don't see why he wouldn't mature past it...
Yeah, I think that was pretty much it. He's doing fine in life and still on good terms with Al.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Through my searches, I've found some more songs that he did with Al that I don't know were listed before....

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow (live in studio) - The Million Dollar Quartet (Brad Stanfield, Alfred Yankovic, Damaskas, Sulu, & Kooky Karen)
(May All Dementians Be Demented) - Sulu, Kooky Karen, Alfred Yankovic, Brad Stanfield, & Damaskas

And I think there was one more but I may be incorrect.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Damaskas

Post by minnick27 »

I believe that at least May All Dementians has been known, I have it somewhere in my Dr D collection. And Jolly Good Fellow is familiar, but I may be mistaken. Lots of gems on the KMET days
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

minnick27 wrote:I believe that at least May All Dementians has been known, I have it somewhere in my Dr D collection. And Jolly Good Fellow is familiar, but I may be mistaken. Lots of gems on the KMET days

Yeah, definitely. I'm buying a couple Dr. D shows and I'm gonna get a Damaskas song called "Window Shopping" which is about the guilty pleasure of watching people change the female mannequin's clothing in storefronts, apparently. I'm excited to hear it, haha.

Lots of nice songs. This one I didn't like too much at first, but it grew on me, I think I posted it before, it's Damaskas and Barnes and Barnes doing the Green Acres theme lyrics to the music of The Beatles' A Day In The Life". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtakUulufNk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah, I hated A Day In The LIfe/Green Acres at first, but I occasionally just sing it in the kitchen or wherever
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

minnick27 wrote:Yeah, I hated A Day In The LIfe/Green Acres at first, but I occasionally just sing it in the kitchen or wherever
I do the same thing, haha. I found a song he did with SuLu called "My Jacuzzi" It's really catchy.