Al Ranks the Parodies

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Al Ranks the Parodies

Post by Killingsworth »

I tried to pick the fan favorites, those tracks that have gotten the best response."
This does sound exactly like half of the criteria for the "Essentials", but I'm probably only saying that because nine our of those ten songs were included there. Maybe the exclusion of "Eat It" was meant to signify Al's gradual move away from food parodies toward more pop culture based ones. Also, I'm left wondering what a live action video shoot for "eBay" would've looked like.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

That list is good, it really is (plus I learned somthing; I'll never listen to AORTB the same way again)..
But some choices still surprise me. Alright, the Al songs I like and dislike are not the same as most other members of this forum. The fact, too, that I never really got into Star Wars might not have helped me enjoy Yoda and The Saga Begins, but still I don' skip them when I reach them on my MP3 player. Yeah, I disagree with a small number (2 or 3 maybe) of his choices, but if it's for the small-time fans, then it might make a lot of sense.
And yes, an Originals picks would be awesome as well.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I asked my dad (who is the sort of fan this list is tailored to--he's got Essential and listened to Al in the early 80s but has never been a huge fan) what his top 10 Al parodies would be, and this was his list:

Ricky
I Want a New Duck
Yoda
Addicted to Spuds
Fat
Money for Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies
Amish Paradise
The Saga Begins
eBay
White and Nerdy
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Killer list! Sounds like a cool guy. :peace:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I think Al BS'd this list.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Ya, I gotta admit I got that feeling too.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!