Your BOTTOM 5 Albums!

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Your BOTTOM 5 Albums!

Post by TMBJon »

I too enjoyed your post. I love when people on here actually take some time to analyze Weird Al minutia. That's what this place needs more of. Well done, Jace.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

1. "UHF" - This was a crappy soundtrack to an OK movie. I love it just like every other release, but come on: one or two pretty good songs and a TON of filler is not cool.
2. Debut - I'll cut Al some slack, this WAS his first album, but even still, I don't really like the obnoxious voices and the accordion on every song is a little much. Plus, the songwriting is not top-notch.
3. "Poodle Hat" - Funny, but just not amazing in my book. Not a bad album, just perfectly average. I didn't like the Eminem lead parody, and the rest seemed a little silly. "eBay" is a classic, as are a few of the originals, but it's mostly skippable in my book.
4. "Internet Leaks" - I agree with FreakyGeeky, this kinda spoiled "Alpocalypse" for me. There was a huge rant about this earlier, so I won't go into it, but I like being surprised.
5. "Even Worse" - Kind of like "Poodle Hat" but better. I feel this album is perfectly average. The parodies range from pretty darn funny ("Fat," "Lasagna") to OK ("I Think I'm a Clone Now"). The originals are all pretty much OK. Nothing too horrible, but nothing super-great.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

1. "Weird Al" Yankovic - He's excused because it was his first, but it was pretty unremarkable in retrospect.

2. "Alapalooza" - The worst collection of originals he's ever released. "Young, Dumb, and Ugly" and "Frank's 2000" TV" are good, but that's it. The other four all sound like the same song.

3. "Dare to Be Stupid" - A few goods songs, the rest is boring.

4. "Polka Party!" - Worst album title ever. And some of the worst parody ideas of his entire career. A few great originals though.

5. "Bad Hair Day" - This has nothing to do with Syndicated Inc. Even without that song, the album is weak. The lead parody is brilliant, the ending song is one of his best, and the polka is the best he's ever done. But most of what's in between just doesn't work as a whole. The overuse of synthesized sound really bugs me in this one too. Oh, and Syndicated Inc is on this album.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Bruce the Duck wrote:2. "Alapalooza" - The other four all sound like the same song.
Uhh, what?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah they totally don't. Traffic Jam and She Never Told Me She Was A Mime are both really awesome, and don't sound alike at all. The solos in those songs are really wicked, I could go without Talk Soup and Waffle King but besides those two I find everything else on the album truly awesome.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I can see how Waffle King, Talk Soup and SNTMSWAM all sound alike, but Traffic Jam? No way, dude.

Not that they're all great songs, mind you, but... Nope.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

My bottom five:

1.) Polka Party- it really does feel rushed. The parodies are pretty bad. The polka isn't all that great either. I do like the couple of originals and they're the only reason I listen to the album.

2.) Alapalooza- It sort of alternates: a good song followed by a mediocre song. Basically everything Jace said. Seemed he took a couple songs from the OTDE sessions, and decided to do a Flintstones song and Jurassic Park song to cash in on the popularity of the movies that were coming out then.

3.) Poodle Hat- Couch Potato is pretty bad. Ode to a Superhero too.

4.) In 3-D. A few highlights on it (Eat It, Theme From Rocky XIII, Midnight Star and Polkas on 45), but some songs that are just so-so.

5.) Dare to Be Stupid- It starts off great with Like a Surgeon, Dare To Be Stupid, etc., but then it kinda goes downward with Girls Just Want to Have lunch, Cable Tv, the polka medley, etc.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

not sure about any others i would have in the other 4 spots but my #1 least favorite would be poodle hat. Never really liked Bob or OTAS.

UHF Soundtrack would probably be somewhere on the list
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Wow some interesting choices my least favourite 5 would be
WAY, Polka Party, UHF, Even Worse, Alapalooza not necessarily always in that order
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
FreeDeliveryFan
Occasional

Post by FreeDeliveryFan »

From my personal worst
1.) Alapalooza