How do YOU eat a Reese's?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

HAAS
Occasional

Post by HAAS »

Heck, Pentiums is one of my favs, but it took me a while to get past the rap.

Pentiums was set to Puff Daddy's It's All About the Benjamins rock remix, not the rap version. So technically it is more in line with Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, or Linkin Park.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

With reading Dr. Dad's calculations, naturally each one makes it seem like it was a longer wait.

Now we can concentrate on the few amount of days we have left. This will be well worth the wait.

-CindyBob
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Billboard

Post by minnick27 »

Kind of reminds me of the full page ad for "Alapalooza" in "Billboard" claiming "Alapalooza" was 46,569,627 seconds in the making.

Wonder if we'll get another full page "Billboard" ad for PH?

Dave

Ive been checking every Billboard that has come out in th past 6 months in anticipation of something being there. I need something to balance out my collection.

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Dr. Dad calculated with blinding speed and accuracy:

Actually ...
from the release date of "Running With Scissors" on June 29, 1999 to the release date of "Poodle Hat" on May 20, 2003, it will be:

just shy of 4 Years, or
47 Months, or
203 Weeks, or
1,421 Days, or
34,104 Hours, or
2,046,240 Minutes, or
122,774,400 Seconds, or,

put another way, 3 Years, 10 Months, and 21 Days.

But, hey! Who's counting? ....

Yeah, I know it's been close to 4 years since RWS first came out, but I don't think it's fair to count the time Al & TBITB were on tour. I was counting from (one of the saddest days of my life)... November 4, 2001.... :cry:

The day the music died (or at least got married and added a baby) :)

sg
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I thought I'd bump this topic to see if anyone has changed their approach to the new album?

I'm blissfully spoiler free (with THANKS to all of you who are using the spoiler topic) and I intend to stay that way, if possible.

And I have a question that is intended to be speculation only. So if you know (or think you do) any details, this isn't the place for it...

Last album we were teased with a graphic that started very close cropped and slowly moved out, with a teaser date of May 20. It turned out to be the album cover. Since it seems that Bermuda can't really tease it the same way, I wonder how he will do it?

Sigh... I can't wait!!
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I'm still gonna be spoiler-free. Although I peeked (and posted) in the spoiler forum, I stopped around mid-January. So anything after the speculated lead parody title, I don't know or want to know.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

i'm not completely spoiler-free, but once track titles and track-lists start being leaked, i'm keeping well away

i don't think there's anything wrong with knowing details of the new video ahead of time [details regarding who's involved, not actual content], or artists that may possibly be parodied

but i agree with whoever said it before, a lot of Al's comedy is in the titles, and knowing early takes something away
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well for RWS and before, I wasnt online, so I was blissfully spoiler free, but for PH I checked for spoilers every day. And for this album I intend to do the same. And remember we still didnt know the lead parody last time because the title wasnt the title of the original. But I do have to say that knowing there was a Zappa tribute made me want the album more, and made me more anxious for the album, thus making the wait tougher. But I will be in the spoiler topic constantly
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I've been in the spoiler topic quite a bit. I don't mind finding out a few things beforehand. I might draw the line at possible lyrics.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I've been in the Spoiler thread every day. I love all this speculation, especially since I wasn't here for it before PH. I will also probably draw the line at reading actual lyrics, but I'll read pretty much everything else.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.