How do YOU eat a Reese's?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Bruce the Duck @ May 05, 2009 05:17 pm wrote: The only "spoiler" for BHD was "Since You've Been Gone." It had been performed during the previous year's concert tour. I hadn't heard the song ahead of time, but I remember reading the lyrics online before the album came out.
Yes, he did perform Since You've Been Gone, during the Al-Can tour, and during a couple other performances prior to the release of Bad Hair Day.

Another tidbit you guys might not have known before - before In 3D was ever released (during some performances after the release of the Debut album), Al originally had Eat It as part of the Food Medley. When he saw how positive the reaction was on the song, he wrote a full version and released it on his next Album!

So in a way, like I said about getting our spoilers (pre-internet) either from word of mouth, or from the source itself, we got some of our first spoilers a LOOOOOONG time ago!

But also, who was to say that those were ever spoilers since nobody would have known whether they were just concert only songs or not, and whether they'd ever be released or not...(although Al rarely does concert only Original songs...)

I was one of the lucky individuals that got to hear Party At The Leper Colony when it was leaked at the Orange County Fair almost a year before the release of Poodle Hat! We all kinda suspected it was gonna be on the next album, though...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

OneWAY @ May 06, 2009 07:50 am wrote: ...but I think Al did do Headline News during the Alapalooza tour...
Yes, he did. I vividly remember straining to try to make out the lyrics after realizing that I was hearing something brand new!

It's funny how unitelligible lyrics are in concert performances. You only ever notice it when you're hearing a song that you don't know the words to already. This is one reason I actually like to be spoiled when it comes to the concert-only songs. Since I know I won't be able to understand the words, it's good to know them ahead of time so that I can actually enjoy the song.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Bruce the Duck @ May 06, 2009 06:57 pm wrote:
It's funny how unitelligible lyrics are in concert performances.
That depends on the quality of the venue, the acoustics of the room, the volume levels of the microphones... all sorts of stuff. My first Al show I couldn't understand a thing, 2nd one it was clear as day.

It also tends to be a lot easier to make out the words at outdoor venues since the sound's not bouncing off any walls.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;