How do YOU eat a Reese's?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Melquizio
Die-hard Fan

Post by Melquizio »

When I listen to any ALbum, I put my CD player on shuffle and just let all the songs play.
"How do we know you're not just as filthy, sent by him to nick the ring by being filthy, when you've lulled us with your filthy Eastern ways?"
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Even the first time through? :whoot: Sacreglious! I could never do that. I must always listen to a new Al album all the way through, completely uninterrupted and with my full attention to the music.

In fact, when SOL came out, I turned off my phone and put my dog in my bedroom so that there would be absolutely no interruptions. I don't even like to look at the booklet the first time through. I want zero distractions whatsoever.

This next album will be difficult to listen to. I'll constantly be listening to songs I've already heard countless times, all the while anxious to hear the songs that are new to me. Either that or I just listen to the new songs first, which means completely missing out on listening to the album all the way through for the first time. <_< I hope this is the last time Al does this.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Bruce the Duck @ May 04, 2009 06:11 pm wrote: I hope this is the last time Al does this.
Me too.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I am very interested to see exactly how many of the songs we end up getting in advance. It might end up being these four originals, WYL, and one more parody. If so I would be cool with hearing half of the album in advance as it means you get more times over the course of the year to have that special moment where you are listening to the song for the first time.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

I will take the album as the album comes. I think it'll be good either way, it's better than nothing, of course.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Also to answer Bobbi's earlier question, I don't think it's fair to call it a spoiler if the artist himself releases the song early. I'd say when the artist releases the song, you shouldn't try to shield yourself from it (this is exponentially more true the longer the timeframe between song release and album release).
If the artist wants you to hear the song at the time it is released, that's the best time to listen to it.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Well, I've been an Al fan for ages now, and we've only really been prone to finding 'spoilers' since roughly Running With Scissors (there may have been some for Bad Hair Day online, but I don't remember any...)
But basically, at one time, all 'spoilers' were through word of mouth, or from the source itself (or possibly from magazines or something), and were harder to avoid, and more fun to hear when you did!

But with the innovation of the internet, when we DO get spoilers, they come in bulk, and are often complete giveaways for things we may have chose to wait for had we been given the chance.

Personally, I love to avoid the mass amount of spoilers when I can help it (such as lyrics, and even parody choices...), but don't kill myself over finding things out. In fact, when I DO find things out, it often adds to the anticipation for when the actual material comes out.
Can't say I'm too pleased with how the songs are being trickled out these days, because it pretty much eliminates the whole anticipation part of the game, but it is nice getting songs like this in its own unique way.

But there is no other artist that I avoid spoilers for so avidly (if that's the right word...) except for possibly Green Day (since their albums are usually anthems that are one long song broken into pieces if you think about it...)
Weird Al's material has so much more value to it with the first time hearing a song than any other artist too..
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Very well said, qntmrrr. You raise good points, and I agree with you on all of them!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

quantumerror @ May 05, 2009 04:40 am wrote: Well, I've been an Al fan for ages now, and we've only really been prone to finding 'spoilers' since roughly Running With Scissors (there may have been some for Bad Hair Day online, but I don't remember any...)
The only "spoiler" for BHD was "Since You've Been Gone." It had been performed during the previous year's concert tour. I hadn't heard the song ahead of time, but I remember reading the lyrics online before the album came out.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

...the funny thing is that I think I did too.

I keep getting the deja vu feeling whenever I read the lyrics because somehow I feel like I heard it before (a long time ago) or something. Which doesn't make a lot of sense because only my dad knew about Weird Al then (he only revealed this to me when White & Nerdy came out) and the tour was strictly in Alaska and Canada.

...but I think Al did do Headline News during the Alapalooza tour...
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22