Songs That Would Sound Awesome On a Polka

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

QUOTE It would be hard to get any Harrisongs probably.

I do remember reading somewhere that Harrison turned Al down for a parody once ("Pacman", perhaps?). Anyone know the story behind this, or am I wrong? If it's true, it seems strange since Harrison had a good sense of humor about himself, having participated in good-natured spoofs of himself on Saturday Night Live and "The Rutles".

Meadows
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE QUOTE It would be hard to get any Harrisongs probably.

I do remember reading somewhere that Harrison turned Al down for a parody once ("Pacman", perhaps?). Anyone know the story behind this, or am I wrong? If it's true, it seems strange since Harrison has a good sense of humor about himself, having participated in good-natured spoofs of himself on Saturday Night Live and "The Rutles".

Meadows

If it was Pacman, it was pretty early in Al's career, and, besides having the kind of subject that dates quickly, it wasn't one of Al's best songs.

It would probably be tough to get permission to use a Harrison song now because estate administrators (especially grieving estate administrators) are likely to have less taste for humorous takeoffs than George himself did.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Al never asked George about "Pacman," from what I understand. Probably wouldn't have been worth it since it wasn't long after Lennon died, when none of the Beatles were in the mood for jokes.

George's son and wife are cool, they might give permission.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Incredible. This whole topic and only one was hit on:

Vines- Get Free

Of course, we also got two of the parodies mixed up with the polka. Maybe this is what Bermuda meant when he said we probably already guessed it in the spoiler topic. He could've meant the whole board.

So let's pick this topic back up...any suggestions for a better AWBP? I think it's good enough, but I know some people's opinions are mixed. I think no matter how much we change it though, "Chop Suey!", "Last Night", and possibly "Down With the Sickness" should be kept...
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
OneNote
Occasional

Post by OneNote »

Incredible. This whole topic and only one was hit on:

Vines- Get Free

Of course, we also got two of the parodies mixed up with the polka. Maybe this is what Bermuda meant when he said we probably already guessed it in the spoiler topic. He could've meant the whole board.

So let's pick this topic back up...any suggestions for a better AWBP? I think it's good enough, but I know some people's opinions are mixed. I think no matter how much we change it though, "Chop Suey!", "Last Night", and possibly "Down With the Sickness" should be kept...

Yes, I think Linkin Park should have been added.

Perhaps "Crawling" or "In The End"
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I think "In the End" sounds very good as a polka opener or closer.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

The only good thing about linkin park songs is that they end eventually.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

So let's pick this topic back up...any suggestions for a better AWBP? I think it's good enough, but I know some people's opinions are mixed.

I would have liked it better if it ended with Without Me. And I loved the earlier Missy Eliot, Work It suggestion, but she's just not "angry white boy" enough.

El
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

[quote]The only good thing about linkin park songs is that they end eventually.

lol! good one! However i do believe that the linkin park song "sacrfice" would sound great polka-ized.
ilikecheezealot
Occasional

Post by ilikecheezealot »

The only good thing about linkin park songs is that they end eventually.

lol! good one! However i do believe that the linkin park song "sacrfice" would sound great polka-ized.

Erm....Linkin Park doesn't have a song called "Sacrifice" (I should know, huge LP fan here)....maybe you're talking about Creed?

I dunno HOW you could confuse Linkin Park, the best band in the world (other than Al & TBITB, of course), and Creed, the most annoying in the world. :P :biggrin: