Songs That Would Sound Awesome On a Polka

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You Ain't Nothin' But A Polka Dog. That's great Ratbert, but how about Poodle Dog?

A Little Less Conversation, A Little More Polka. Marko, that's almost Weird Al level Brilliance! I like it!
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Jailhouse Polka?
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Some songs I can picture in a polka are:

She hates me (of course with the bad words blocked out or maybe al could replace it with freakin')

Hellagood

In the Middle

Some sort of Avril song (Sk8ter boi, I'm With You, Complicated)
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

QUOTE I think it's high time for another one-artist polka medley....I believe the idea of a \"Fab Four Polka\" has been bantied about on the newsgroup in the past.

The only problem in that would be picking WHICH songs to include.

A little accordion sting, leading into A Hard Day's Night

Can't Buy Me Love

Penny Lane

Yesterday

Free as a Bird

Octopus's Garden

Come Together

Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds

Let it Be

I Want to Hold Your Hand

She Loves You

I would love that. It would be hard to get any Harrisongs probably, but is Al still on speaking terms with Jacko and McCartney? That might make it possible. And Ringo would be happy to have him use "Octopus's Garden."

If that doesn't work out, I'd like to see the Donnas and "You Know You're Right" in the polka.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Yeah, Kurt Cobain I think would like that. His great high pitched snarl of a scream on YKYR would be replaced by Steve's "Yeah, yeah, yay, yeah" in really really low bass. Any songs with high pitched backgrounds would be awesome cuz Al could make TBITB sing them super bass low.

Eric
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Al can go pretty low, but not as inhumanly low as Steve.
sXebootboy

Post by sXebootboy »

A kick ass poplka song would be Cry me a river by Justin Timberlake
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE And Ringo would be happy to have him use \"Octopus's Garden.\"

I stayed up (too) late one night and saw an interview with Ringo on TV. I thought it was extremely cool that, with the amazing life he's had, Mr. Starr said, "My dreams are still coming true."

It was an interesting interview (and I can't remember who was interviewing him!)... he was contrasting the way the Beatles began with the way some bands/singers get started today (apparently by extruding a plastic mass into singer-shaped molds-- my interpretation :P )

His point was that because they began by being more interested in making music than in becoming famous, he can still enjoy the satisfactions of playing with people he admires and doing music that interests him-- thus, his dreams are still coming true.

He didn't say that one of his dreams was to have a song he'd written be parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic, but, hey, anything's possible. :)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE (apparently by extruding a plastic mass into singer-shaped molds-- my interpretation

And it all started with the Pre-Fab Four. I got a laugh the other day, I was WAY surfing and came across a reference to Mickey Dolenz as a "founding member" of the Monkees. I guess so, if by "founding member" you mean he happened fit the costume. Don't get me wrong, I like the Monkees and Mickey was always my favorite, but didn't CBS have a whole lot more to do with the founding of the Monkees?
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

My top would-be-awesome-as-a-polka songs list (on a new album):

1. Any of computer-voiced girl Avril Lavigne song

2. "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

3. "Cry Me A River" by Justin Timberlake

4. "Not Gonna Get Us" by T.A.T.U

Hope that helps! :P

SEVA.