Songs That Would Sound Awesome On a Polka

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

massivifan @ Jan 28 2006, 10:27 AM wrote: I think that Milkshake by Kelis would be hilarious, but it's got a cuss in it. He could probably say "darn right".
Yeah, but Al's gotten around cuss words many times in polkas. The funniest one that I can think of is "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. "I wanna (doink) you like an animal." :lol:
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

But then again, and I admit I am unfamiliar with the song, would something like "damn right" be too risque for an Al song?

In the last couple of albums, words such as "hell" and "slut" have popped up. Relatively minor in nature and context, sure, but those don't seem all that far removed from "damn" in terms of severity.

And this is especially true if we're talking about a polka and not a parody or original. Al's humor and own songwriting is usually very clean, but there is some comedic value in retaining someone else's lyrics such as "damn right" in a polka. That would sort of fall into the whole point of the medleys in the first place, to ridicule the lyrics of the original songs by setting them to a polka tempo.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

That's an interesting point, Greg. Damn is definitely not that serious of a curse word. I tend to think of it in the same category as "hell". He could probably include it in a polka without a problem. I really don't think that that would be too vulgar for an Al song.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
da_dom
Occasional

Post by da_dom »

tatu - all the things she said seems popular choice
massivifan
Occasional

Post by massivifan »

Woah.... that's a funny thought... picture I Like Dirt by The Thunderlords on there. It's a metal/childrens song on Tony Hawk American Wasteland.
Can I sniff the pit stains on your blouse?
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

all new cover songs polka

a perfect circle - imagine
marilyn manson - personal jesus
britney spears - my prerogative

that kind of thing... (i'm sure there's more)

i found it kind of neat that one year "papa don't preach" and "shout" were redone by kelly osbourne and disturbed, respectively. wouldn't it be weird if, coincidentally, a bunch of different artists covered all of the songs from an old polka medley around the same time? he'd probably play whatever polka it was on whatever the current tour would be, with the joke being that all of the songs in the medley are popular...AGAIN!

...just a thought...
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
massivifan
Occasional

Post by massivifan »

New ideas!

Sean Paul-Temperature
and All American Rejects-Move Along
massivifan
Occasional

Post by massivifan »

I think a polka of songs by Red Hot Chili Peppers would be cool
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

that would be awesome, something like The Hot Rocks Polka, but with RHCP songs....Stadium Arcadium is most excellent
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Awesome as that idea is, it's unlikely he will, since he's already done 2 parodies of their songs, and put "My Friends" in The Alternative Polka.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash