Songs That Would Sound Awesome On a Polka

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

And it's not that doing RHCP songs is a bad thing. It just seems that when Al devotes a whole polka it's for something immensely iconic (Stones, "Bohemian Rhapsody").
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rowsdower50

Post by rowsdower50 »

Yeah, I dont post here often, and this is a bit of a topic bump, but i think a good polka would be the itunes polka, where he takes a bunch of songs off of his itunes playlist...

you can see it here (with no need for itunes, mind you) check it

just my two cents :F
Murder: Only extroverted suicide
sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

I think 'I believe in a thing called love' (The Darkness) would sound great on a polka! :lol: Is that song famous in America?
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

sarahhh @ Jun 9 2006, 09:06 AM wrote: I think 'I believe in a thing called love' (The Darkness) would sound great on a polka! :lol: Is that song famous in America?
It was, that song is ok, but it's kinda old. Most likley it won't be on the new album. Red Hot Chili Peppers would be awesome and Sean Paul "Tempreture" would sound awesome too. :D
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

WeirdAbbott @ Jun 9 2006, 03:19 PM wrote: It was, that song is ok, but it's kinda old. Most likley it won't be on the new album. Red Hot Chili Peppers would be awesome and Sean Paul "Tempreture" would sound awesome too. :D
Oh, i know it's not likely. It's just a vague hope of mine.. :F Rhcp would be great, just not so sure about Sean Paul.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I think that We Be Burnin' by Sean Paul would sound great on a polka.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

I think that Starman by David Bowie would make an awesome polka.
:bigups:
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

massivifan @ May 24 2006, 01:22 AM wrote: I think a polka of songs by Red Hot Chili Peppers would be cool.

That would be great, even though Al's already worn them out...

I vote Dani California :lol:

As to The Darkness, that would be great at the end of a polka! Hahahahahahahahahaha!!
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

After giving a quick listen to the "medley" on Abbey Road (The Beatles, duh), I think the medley would make a great mini-polka.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
Tokusou Sentai Blessranger
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tokusou Sentai Blessranger »

The band name,Modest Mouse,reminds me of a hip-hop duo called DANGERDOOM,which is a collab between MF Doom and an artist named Danger Mouse. Maybe a song by DANGERDOOM will be well-fitted for a polka,so do two of the Avenged Sevenfold songs,"Bat Country" and "The Beast and The Harlot",and of course,the Star Spangled Banner. I don't like the Star Spangled Banner unless it was polkafied as "Star Spangled Polka" (the way that the "Harlem Shuffle" part of the Polka Party title medley became the "Harlem Polka" part).
Dare To Be Stupid Part Two is coming!