"Weird Al's" Female Parodies & Polkafied Songs

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: "Weird Al's" Female Parodies & Polkafied Songs

Post by joseyklein »

That is cool!! I'm extremely curious how he's gone about the new parodies, being I watched the Swift video last night. Also curious about the new originals as well. This will definitely be the best Al has ever done, can't wait!!
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

joseyklein wrote:That is cool!! I'm extremely curious how he's gone about the new parodies, being I watched the Swift video last night. Also curious about the new originals as well. This will definitely be the best Al has ever done, can't wait!!
This.

Also, you have to remember that Plympton is doing that video, so it may have nothing to do with the original. It's also nice ot see that virtually every polka medley has had some female artists incorporated (with "Hot Rocks" and "Bohemian Polka" being the obvious exceptions).
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Killingsworth wrote:Also, you have to remember that Plympton is doing that video, so it may have nothing to do with the original.
Oh come on, man. Even though the video for DDTS didn't match the lyrics all the way through, you have to give him credit for making a genuinely impressive video. It had to do with the general topic, and that's all that matters.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

No, that's not all that matters. It should be halfway decent as well. That video was an abomination.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I wouldn't say total abomination, a total abomination would be those people that actually buy into the apocalypse crap, cause we're still here and that makes them sore losers... sorry got side tracked....

I don't believe that a video has to match lyrics 100% in order to be classified as good, just needs good imagination.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

Did DDTS's video really veer off from the song that much? The part with the boy lighting on fire at the end was a bit much but I thought it went along with the song well for the most part.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I wasn't talking about the DDTS video at all. What I meant to say was that I'm not expecting Plympton's video for "TMZ" to be a shot for shot remake of Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" video. He might just incorporate an entirely new visual concept.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

Well, since it's animated, that obviously won't happen. Not only would it kill Plympton's creative freedom, it would also be extremely difficult to achieve realistically. I can't believe Al is actually animating a parody this time. Has that ever happened before (besides that drive thru one).
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Yeah, it's also happened with Jurassic Park and Do I Creep You Out?
And Peggy
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

Do I Creep You Out was a parody? It always seemed like an original to me, probably because of the subject matter.