Throw In A Solo Here

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Re: Throw In A Solo Here

Post by JCM »

Yeah, that sounds about right.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

But after Burton died they slowly sucked more and more with every release until they became the worst thrash band going. Slayer bagan the same time btw, '81 or '82. Slayer still plays with an original line-up, and never released anything that sucked, Metallica like forgot how to be metal when they were writing songs for Load I guess.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Really Venom and Motorhead are the most metal bands ever, next to Sabbath, they were the first to put no boundaries on the themes in their music. Venom brought the Satanic worship element, and Motorhead made rock dirty and overwhemingly loud. You have never seen a metal show until you have seen Motorhead!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh, triple post. Back on topic here, listening to Buckingham Blues and the leads blend so well with the harmonica, great blues riffs in that tune! The rest of the album rules for solos too of course.
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

There was an accordion solo in every song of Al's first album, a feat that will unfortunately never be accomplished again.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, it really gives the first album that old school feel, when he slides in at the beginning of Gotta Boogie, sounds so killer. Was just listening to Party At The Leper Colony and the volume was really high, the sax solo sounded so good, specially with the guitar riffage behind it.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

AHHH MAKE IT TALK, MAKE IT TALK!!!
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

OK, NOW MAKE IT SHUT UP! That guitar tone just rules! The Traffic Jam solo, is quite hard. Dweezil's opening shred in Genius In France is killer, as is Jim's at the end.
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

And Al in everything else.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh yeah, the keyboard rules. The accordion shreds in Alternative Polka during the Green Day song at the end is prime!