Throw In A Solo Here

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

babadavis1
Occasional

Re: Throw In A Solo Here

Post by babadavis1 »

Not true solos, but in Angry White Boy Polka I love Al's accordion on 'Last Resort' and the banjo on 'Outside.'
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Poodle Hat has alot of wicked solo bits. Party At The Leper Colony and Genius France are two of my favorites as far as really great sounding solos. Al never seizes to amaze me with his accordion though, Hooked On Polkas is insane.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Alimony is another track with a really awesome solo. I dont think the Billy Idol version had a solo, so good job Kimo. He does alot of cool stuff throughout the verses too, quite impressive work.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Way_Moby wrote:I think the accordion solo in Syndicated Inc. (I know, everyone HATES that song) is ridiculously hilarious.
I loved that song and it does have a great solo in it. I love how Al's music is a time capsule of the events of the time. I love the line "Think I am loosing my sanity, I'm addicted to Regis and Kathey Lee." People at the time thought it would be running forever, who knew that the show would go on without them.

I think a couple of my favorite songs with solo's are...
1. Stuck in a closet with Vanna White
2. Young Dumb and Ugly
3. Callin' in Sick
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

DrDecay wrote:I love how Al's music is a time capsule of the events of the time. I love the line "Think I am loosing my sanity, I'm addicted to Regis and Kathey Lee." People at the time thought it would be running forever, who knew that the show would go on without them.
That's what I love about a lot of pop cultural referencing music. It reminds me of "The Bad Touch" by The Bloodhound Gang, which mentions Siskel and Ebert. I always grew up hearing about Ebert and Roeper, because by the time I was old enough to follow critical reviews of movies, Siskel was gone. Good point about the time capsule.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I'm extremely impressed with the guitar solo's we get on Mandatory Fun! All the guitar work in general is awesome but the fills in Lame Claim To Fame and especially the outro solo really pleases my ears. Looking forward to the tour to see how Jim pulls some of it off. My Own Eyes is full of masterful riffs and juicy solos, I can't help but play air guitar every time I hear it. It will be very unfortunate if for some reason they don't play My Own Eyes but I think its pretty much a sure thing.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Can't get enough of First World Problems. Vocally it could not be greater but the lead fills really do it for me, I workout to this album more than the others now because of tracks 2, 6, 10. Great tracks for jogging, and I had to mention these screaming rock bends in First World Problems...Jim knows how it is done!!