Next Lead Single

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Next Lead Single

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, I'm new to the forum. I would rather see a tour of classics, and mostly originals that have never been played live before. The current tour has some good one's like You Make Me and Frank's 2000" TV. You Don't Love Me Anymore is one of the greatest ballads ever, Dare To Be Stupid is great and should never leave the set ever!! I would like to hear something from Polka Party! these days. Being a longtime fan of Jim West I'd love to see One Of Those Days, Airline Amy or When I Was Your Age.Think they would all sound wicked with the sweet pinch harmonics and lead fills. Also Nature Trail To Hell would be epic for the whole band! As for the long awaited yet to be released new album, I think the longer it takes, the better it is gonna be! Al and the band have never dissapointed in anyways shape or form before.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

If we raise enough money and directly pay Al to create an album full of originals, then it could happen. I've thought about doing this if I manage to stumble upon a ridiculous amount of cash.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

DO IT!! I guess the problem is that an album of only originals will only sell to us "Weird Al" fans. He wouldn't be able to pick up newer fans from the parodies. But at this point in his career he has absolutely nothing to lose, I so would wanna see an all original album!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Honestly, guys? Save your money. Al creates parodies because he knows the casual fans love 'em, and it's what he's better known for. I don't think anyone could pay him to not do parodies. Instead, spend your imaginary ridiculous amounts of money on making Al's unproduced Cartoon Network screenplay unproduced no more.
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Hypothetical-and-highly-unlikely-to-happen dream killer, geez. If an extremely wealthy person would pay Al to create an album of originals that WOULD NOT take the place of his normal albums, you do not know if he would do it or not.

Anyway, new information about this lead single is bound to pop up soon. I remember stumbling upon the Poodle Hat artist parody information in a concert press release and posting it here -- let's keep searching for a leak.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Hah, I would never pay them to make such an album. It's actually just surprising to me that they haven't done it yet.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Thanks for recognizing the credibility of my post, even though it was intended as a joke. An album of originals would probably bomb on the charts, but it could be a possibility for the future.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I just thought of something. If Al wanted to go down the "classic rock" path for either this lead parody or a certain album track, he could just do "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse" by Pink Floyd and rewrite them to either be about Inception of Black Swan. If he went that latter, he could possibly title it something like "Swan Damage" or "Black Side of the Swan." It would certainly make up for the absence of a movie song on SOL. Sure, this song might not age well at all, but still...I'd say it's worth a shot.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
WeirdAlIsMyHomeboy

Post by WeirdAlIsMyHomeboy »

how bout' an "ALL POLKA ALBUM" ! :D
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

NO
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?