Vinyl inner-sleeve question (S/T & 3-D)

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

wahlers

Vinyl inner-sleeve question (S/T & 3-D)

Post by wahlers »

Did any copies of the first self-titled album or "In 3-D" on vinyl have custom inner-sleeves (with pics and/or lyrics)?

I know Dare to be Stupid, Polka Party, Even Worse and UHF did, but my copies of the first two albums don't have one and I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something.

Thanks to everyone in advance!
Last edited by wahlers on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Re: Vinyl inner-sleeve question (S/T & 3-D)

Post by RyanHippFTW »

My copy of 3-D doesn't have one, so I'm pretty sure they don't.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

No, Scotti Bros. didn't start shelling out the money for those until DTBS. Al didn't become huge until after In 3-D came out, so they didn't feel the need to put "extras" like that on his releases until then.
wahlers

Post by wahlers »

Cool, that makes me feel a lot better. I managed to find the first 5 albums all in one shot back in college in a used record store before I had managed to get a turntable that worked (my old one had died at that time). I was very happy that upon modern viewing they're actually in great shape and all have the "secret messages" scratched in them. I was worried that the two "missing" inner-sleeves might have tarnished a jewel in my vinyl collection, but now I feel better. I just recently picked up a copy of UHF on vinyl to keep them company. They do sound a lot better than the CDs. Somebody really should remaster and release anniversary editions of them. Didn't the first album turn !!27!! this year?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I remember I found a vinyl copy of "In 3-D" a while back at a Half-Price Books, but I had to put it back... Why? I don't remember... but I've been kicking myself since that day. :(