How many Weird Al songs have you heard (+ way to find out)?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

How many Weird Al songs have you heard (+ way to find out)?

Post by Interrobang »

Obviously, it's hard to come up with a number, but here's what I did to find out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... 2_Yankovic

That page has a list of Weird Al songs. If you have the time, go through the list (it has the sections "Commercially Released Songs," "Other Commercially Released Songs," "Songs From the Weird Al Show," and "Songs not commercially released," so go through all of them and count all the songs in them). There are a few songs that are so rare that they aren't even listed in the Not Commercially Released section, but only you'll know if you're such a fan that you've heard such songs.

I did that and arrived at the number 233 (this includes two songs that weren't listed).
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Re: How many Weird Al songs have you heard (+ way to find out)?

Post by QuantumError »

I've heard every commercially released song as far as I know, and quite a large chunk of the unreleased ones that have been circulated.
I don't really have the time to sit and count all of them, but the number is probably incredibly high.

My Media Player has about 498 tracks with Weird Al right now, some of which probably aren't songs, but a lot are.
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

quantumerror wrote:I've heard every commercially released song as far as I know, and quite a large chunk of the unreleased ones that have been circulated.
I don't really have the time to sit and count all of them, but the number is probably incredibly high.

My Media Player has about 498 tracks with Weird Al right now, some of which probably aren't songs, but a lot are.
498? Nice! Sometime I want to find out how many are songs. What do you think is the most obscure one(s)?

QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

I'd say that somewhere between 100 to 150 of the tracks are either sound clips from obscure TV shows, Al-TV clips, or chunks of spoken material from his Live Performances.

As for what the most obscure items in there are, I couldn't say, I have about 95 percent of his early teenage material, a few unreleased tracks that never made it to albums, and concert only songs dating back to the early 80s. I wouldn't know which would be any more obscure than the other. I've been collecting since way back when us fans used to mail each other cassette recordings, or we just happened to *know* somebody...
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I've heard everything. Commercially released songs, Basement Tapes, songs from the Weird Al Show, everything on Dave Rossi's rarities CDs...
kainraaron

Post by kainraaron »

I've heard 161 of his songs haha
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

weirdojace wrote:I've heard everything. Commercially released songs, Basement Tapes, songs from the Weird Al Show, everything on Dave Rossi's rarities CDs...
They arent Dave's cd's, they were put together by Michael Lestatkatt.
dynaboyj
Occasional

Post by dynaboyj »

I came up with listening to 122 songs, and 24 of them I only listened to part of the song, so I've only listened to 98 of his songs completely.
I ate half a million chalupas, and I got fat.
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

weirdojace wrote:I've heard everything. Commercially released songs, Basement Tapes, songs from the Weird Al Show, everything on Dave Rossi's rarities CDs...
How did you find everything? I'm still trying to find some of the rarer songs.

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Interrobang wrote:
How did you find everything? I'm still trying to find some of the rarer songs.
There is a 7 disc set of rarities cds floating around out there. You just have to know who to ask off forum