How many Weird Al songs have you heard (+ way to find out)?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

FredHuggins
Obsessed

Re: How many Weird Al songs have you heard (+ way to find out)?

Post by FredHuggins »

I THINK I've heard Dead Car Battery Blues, on the internet somewhere. I could be wrong.

And I definitely heard the fake version of Albuquerque - ONCE, at ALCON III I think, when Bermuda showed some of his footage of that concert.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Dead Car Battery Blues was pretty good. And School Cafeteria, I have both versions. Someone said something in a review that says when he added the line "After 63 years in the business, our cook still hasnt got the knack" was because he was trying to capitalize on My Bologna. I found that interesting
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

TMBJon wrote:Have you ever heard Dead Car Battery Blues? Miniature Golf? There are some bad ones.

I love Nobody Here But Us Frogs the most, I think.
I think Miniature Golf has some creative lyrics, and even if Al didn't write it, I still like it. I think my like of Dead Car Battery Blues is affected by how long I looked for it before actually finding it. I do like Nobody Here But Us Frogs.

I will agree with you on the fact that there are some bad ones. Leisure Suit Serenade and Cheerios, Applejacks, Cheerios are prime examples of that.
FredHuggins wrote:I THINK I've heard Dead Car Battery Blues, on the internet somewhere. I could be wrong.

And I definitely heard the fake version of Albuquerque - ONCE, at ALCON III I think, when Bermuda showed some of his footage of that concert.
Really? That's awesome. The last thing I want to do* is start a discussion about trading, but do you happen to have a recording of that? I would kill** to hear that.

*Actually, the last thing I want to do is suffer a slow and painful death

**Kill a small animal such as a snail, that is.

minnick27 wrote:Dead Car Battery Blues was pretty good. And School Cafeteria, I have both versions. Someone said something in a review that says when he added the line "After 63 years in the business, our cook still hasnt got the knack" was because he was trying to capitalize on My Bologna. I found that interesting
That is quite interesting.
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

They wouldn't let ANYONE videotape Bermuda's or Al's presentations at ALCON III. Understandably, I might add, since Al was showing bonus features from the UHF DVD that wouldn't come out for six weeks. They made it very clear that if anyone was caught videotaping either presentation, their camera would be confiscated.

So no, I don't have a copy and as far as I'm aware neither does ANYONE. Except Bermuda, of course.
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

Ahh, okay. Yes, that makes sense. I just wish I could have been there.
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Re: How many Weird Al songs have you heard (+ way to find ou

Post by Corey »

1, 2, 3, 4...enough
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Re: How many Weird Al songs have you heard (+ way to find ou

Post by QuantumError »