Discontinued Albums

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Re: Discontinued Albums

Post by Grom »

CatraDhtem wrote:Wrongapedia
:rolleyes:
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

caseyk27 wrote:
Orthography Enthusiast wrote:I bought all my albums after 2002, so those would be the Volcano ones, right? And I definitely have "Bite Me." It's caught me by surprise twice while I was driving.
Wait, did you also happen to buy ALL your albums from weirdal.com?
Um, no. I think I bought all of them from local bricks and mortar stores.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

weirdojace wrote:Is there an official source that says Polka Party and UHF are out of print? Wikipedia isn't official, people. I won't believe until I know where that info is coming from.

Record labels don't typically just stop printing essential albums in a well known artist's catalog...
If you go to the "merch" section of weirdal.com and "got to music and videos" you will see the new redesigned "sony digital music" page or whatever that new thing is called. Anyway, you can click on all the rest of the albums and there are two buttons to click on. One says "download" and hte other says "buy the cd". Polka Party, UHF and the TV album do not have the "buy cd" option any longer.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

dynaboyj wrote::( Man, I don't have ANY ALbums. And now I can only get 10 out of 12. Digital albums just don't seem cool. I hate living in the 21st century.
If owning the physical CDs is that important to you, then you should consider yourself lucky to live in the 21st century! See, here in the 21st century we have this thing called eBay... And there you can pick up either of the discontinued CDs at very reasonable prices!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Bruce the Duck wrote:If owning the physical CDs is that important to you, then you should consider yourself lucky to live in the 21st century! See, here in the 21st century we have this thing called eBay... And there you can pick up either of the discontinued CDs at very reasonable prices!
See now, I prefer Amazon. ;)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Actually, I do too.
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

You know, there's a fantastic chain of stores around the country called "The Exchange" that sells Al's albums used for low prices! :-P

(You might also want to check FYE too, though their prices can be a little unfair.)
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TheLazenby wrote:You know, there's a fantastic chain of stores around the country called "The Exchange" that sells Al's albums used for low prices! :-P

(You might also want to check FYE too, though their prices can be a little unfair.)
I haven't seen an "Exchange" in my immediate area (maybe it's just another one of those "regional" things that happens to pass over Colorado for some strange legal reason) but I find myself scouring FYE constantly. If anything there is used, I would say the prices are the furthest thing from "unfair" I could imagine. Seriously, I've bought used copies of DTBS and BHD there for 4-7 bucks apiece! In fact, me and my sister went to our local mall today to get our Christmaas shopping all done and we both went in there at seperate times. I noticed the only thing of Al's in there that I didn't own was the Ultimate Video Collection. All I know is that she did tell me she went there and there is a DVD shaped present under our tree with my name on it. I sure hope its' that (stay tuned...)

I guess I might just take my chances and buy a copy of OTDE from weirdal.com.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

The Exchange is a Great Lakes chain (OH/PA/IL)...that is, assuming we're talking about the same one here, as I'm sure there are probably dozens of regional CD-trading businesses and chains with similar names. But the one I'm referring to actually started in Cleveland and has been a local institution for decades...they helped me track down and score some rarities back when I first started collecting like "Peter and the Wolf" and the "Headline News" single. Their prices on used can range anywhere from $2.50 to normal retail price.

As far as FYE's trade selection goes, unfortunately one's limited to whatever other customers have brought in. My local one hasn't had a used Al item for months. But if you do ever come across one, their used prices are pretty decent...and they usually have some sort of deal going on as well (buy 3 get 1 free, etc.).

Perhaps we should set up a network here on the forum for people looking for the out-of-print albums? Like post a list of users looking for a specific album so in case other users happen to see one near them they can set up a way to send it to them for cost?
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

I'll keep an eye out for either disc.

There's about 20 Exchanges in the immediate area here. They spawn like rabbits.