The Essential "Weird Al" Yankovic

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: Not-So-Essential Bonus Disc

Post by HappyGilmore »

superdude wrote: I guess you're right. But I'd still like to hear a full version of it.
From what he played at the concert in the medley, it's really not all THAT funny. It's a funny concept, and the video clips really make the song worth it. But, just hearing it by itself, hmm..I was disappointed. Much like Gilligan's Isle Thing...
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Essentials Bonus Disc

Post by Killingsworth »

wahlers wrote:So, at least according to Amazon, the 3.0 version is coming out on August 31st, with the following 3rd disc:

Disc: 3
1. Ricky
2. Midnight Star
3. Living With A Hernia
4. Good Old Days
5. Wanna B Ur Lovr
6. Genius In France
Yeah, according to an email I got from Amazon just today it looks like this will be coming out on Tuesday and that is going to be it for the third disc...I know, it sucks but look at it this way...at least four of those songs are going to be remastered much like the rest of the "Essentials"...I know, it's still not worth buying but at least you could get those versions on iTunes seperately...I mean, I personally wouldn't mind if someone got this for me as a Christmas/Birthday present, but I would probably rather have the NEW studio album if it's out by then...oh to hell with it, I'm seriously considering buying this physical re-compilation for the sole purpose of pissing off all of you...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Well, it's already sold out on Amazon. Not bad for being out for a short time! I did not plan on buying it, but yay Al gets richer :)
Is my dude a dweeb?
weird user
Addicted

Re: The Essential "Weird Al" Yankovic

Post by weird user »

I got this release a few months ago. It is a good release. I was a little surprised that I found myself listening to disc 2 more than disc 1. I liked the single version of The Night Santa Went Crazy.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Is there anything else new besides those few songs added. Are there any new pics or anything like that?
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I might buy th re-release. Mostly cause certain songs on the one I have tend to skip and annoys the hell out of me. At least this way I'll have the bonus songs as well.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

HappyGilmore wrote:I might buy th re-release. Mostly cause certain songs on the one I have tend to skip and annoys the hell out of me.
where did you buy the original at? if it skips you should return it even if you don't have a receipt and see if you can get a store credit towards the new one.
taste is only something if it is yours.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Well, Well, Well wrote:
HappyGilmore wrote:I might buy th re-release. Mostly cause certain songs on the one I have tend to skip and annoys the hell out of me.
where did you buy the original at? if it skips you should return it even if you don't have a receipt and see if you can get a store credit towards the new one.
I got it at the K-Mart around the corner from my house. I tried, they won't let me do it. Manager was all "No receipt, no credit or refund." Which is understandable, but, eh. It's why I usually don't go there.

I'm thinking of just taking it to the used record shop up the street, sell The Essentials and get my money for it, then just get the "new" one which has the bonus disc. Usually I don't like the compilation albums too much, but Al's is a relatively well-rounded out set of songs, which makes for perfect listening to while at work or on long drives.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

do you also buy your underwear at k-mart?
taste is only something if it is yours.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Well, Well, Well wrote:do you also buy your underwear at k-mart?
Why would you wanna know? :blink: