What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Post by joseyklein »

ahh the good ol' days
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Everything You Know Is Wrong. Yeah, Nostalgia Critic introduced me to WAY.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
SirBismuth

Post by SirBismuth »

I saw "Like A Surgeon" on TV a long time ago, and loved his parody. :lol:

B
Weirdalfan713588

Post by Weirdalfan713588 »

Heard it on pandora a month ago and it was Canadian idiot
Spoiler:
:gun:
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

That's one hell of a spoiler there. Thanks for hiding it!
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Hmm... Well It was either 1999 or 1998. I was around 4 years old at the time, I know that. We had the "Weird Al Yankovic- The videos" DVD, which I understand is a rare item now, although I gave it to a friend of mine years ago when the newer video collection came out. I know we had a few of his CDs at the time. One of the first songs I heard were either Eat It, Jurassic Park, or possibly it was Like a Surgeon.

The rest is history. I now own all of his Studio Albums(Except In 3-D, which my friend Alex lent to me so I could rip the songs onto my computer.) I own The Food Album as well, but that's the only compilation album I own. I also still have yet to download Internet Leaks.
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

For me, it was either "Phony Calls" or "Yoda." I know "Eat It" was the 2nd, but the first place where I heard all of Al's music was on Radio Disney, back in its golden age sometime in late '97/early '98 ;) Remember that contest they sponsored where Al got to spend a day with a lucky fan?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

JCM wrote:Gump, probably.
I retract this. The first Al song I heard was White N Nerdy. I just didn't know who it was by at the time.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Started listening to "Weird Al" and his band when I was 5 or 6 and I was listening to Billy Ray Cyrus and my brother was like oh yeah check this out and put on Achy Breaky Song and then I was like...wow, Billy Ray ain't cool? I'm 22 now so I wasn't mislead for very long. First time I purchased music with my own money I was 8 and I bought Polka Party!, Bad Hair Day and Alapalooza. Those were the Good Old Days, no downloadin' then!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
heath

Post by heath »

The first song I heard was Another One Rides The Bus back in 1983. I don't recall where I first heard it, but I remember singing it on the playground at school. And based on that song, I bought the cassette (or talked my parents into buying it) and took it to a friend's house for a first listen through. Listening to "Gotta Boogie" is one of those moments that is etched in stone in my memory. The song started and Al sang, "I gotta boogie" over and over again and we just sat there looking at each other blankly. Then the payoff... "I gotta boogie on my finger and I can't shake it off!" and we just busted out laughing so hard we were crying. I've been a huge fan ever since.