"true" Parodies

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

Theguyoverthere @ October 11, 2008 08:20 pm wrote: White & Nerdy is pretty much the opposite of Ridin' Dirty ... :P
I disagree to an extent. What is so brilliant about White and Nerdy is that it seems to be a complete opposite but in fact it's kind of the same. In Chamillionaire's lyrics he is rapping about the fact that he is just trying to be excepted but the police and other people just assume that he is up to no good based on how he looks and dresses. Weird Al's song is exactly the same thing. He's just trying to be excepted but no one want's him around because they think he's so nerdy. So in essence, the song has the exact same motive just swapping it around to a different demographic. But the song is also the exact opposite and all over the place funny. That's why I think the song is so brilliant. You can't tell exactly where Al is trying to go with it and it just works. Where as listening to WYL you know right away he's just doing the exact opposite of the real song.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

sethmartin @ October 12, 2008 06:03 am wrote: In Chamillionaire's lyrics he is rapping about the fact that he is just trying to be excepted but the police and other people just assume that he is up to no good based on how he looks and dresses. Weird Al's song is exactly the same thing. He's just trying to be  excepted but no one want's him around because they think he's so nerdy.
You mean to say "accepted."
Keir
Obsessed

Re: "true" Parodies

Post by Keir »

Bringing back this old thread because there is one more "true" parody on the new album:

"Perform This Way" which not only parodies Lady Gaga's hit song but also her crazy performances.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Re: "true" Parodies

Post by weirdojace »

I'd say that Whatever You Like is a true parody as well.