The big Songography discussion topic

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

After I just updated the song index too? *grumble grumble*

I don't know why I bother.......... :rolleyes:

:P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

dingo, you know my job is to make things difficult for you. :P

Anyway, the songography on my web page is now current. Apparently I didn't pay too much attention in 2007. What is this stuff? Are they from all those silly I Love VH1 specials?

Aaaaahhhhh (2007)
China Grove (2007) - edit: Apparently I don't pay too much attention in 2008 either. :S This was already answered above.
Close To You (Thesaurus Version) (2007)
Giggling Laughter (2007)
Happy Weird Holidays (2007)
Happy Weird Valentine's Day (2007)
I Will Survive (Thesaurus Version) (2007)
Rio Rancho (2007)
Yesterday (Thesaurus Version) (2007)

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

"Thesaurus versions" were from Australia's Spicks & Specks, where contestants are to read a text from a book such as a thesaurus, pregnancy book or such, and have their teammates guess the correct song. Al was given a thesaurus.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Aaaaahhhhh (2007) -cell phone ringtone.
Giggling Laughter (2007) - ringtone
Happy Weird Holidays (2007) -ringtone
Happy Weird Valentine's Day (2007) -ringtone
Last edited by CB Johnny on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

"China Grove" was from the 2007 Albuquerque show. It was performed as a teaser song during the encore.
aaahhh is a ringtone, from the ultimate collection
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

My biggest question (OK, I have two)... my TWO biggest questions are:

1) What in the hell is "Cycletron"?! I mean, it has no albums/boots listed, and no year either... it's just a floating, lonely title.

2) Why isn't "Greetings From Burgeropolis" listed as an album for anything?? The most obscure stuff (someone's private CDR called "Weird Al") gets a mention, but not GFB, which probably saw 1,000 times greater distribution?? To be fair, I'm actually the one that told him about those weird discs ("Mderens' Mix" and stuff) because I saw them on CDDB at one point - I actually regret it now, because they don't really have a reason to be on there. They're just personal mixes that only one person heard.
Steve's mixes, lookie!
Lousy Haircut - complete!! http://www.mediafire.com/?xyimjmdjkml
Black Gold vs Santa! http://www.mediafire.com/?zztmgltz2ym
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

another question...
How come Elvis was listed for most of the concert bootlegs? He didn't record all those, and I don't think he discovered that many of them either...

I assume cycletron is a radio promo or another 10-second song like cars...
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

TheLazenby @ Jul 1 2008, 12:18 AM wrote: 1) What in the hell is "Cycletron"?!  I mean, it has no albums/boots listed, and no year either... it's just a floating, lonely title.
That one comes from Frank Sanchez:
Frank's web page wrote: I got into Dr. Demento in 10th grade. Every Sunday night the radio would be tuned in to KMET 94.7FM. Some classmates invited the good doctor to do a History of the Beatles show at our high school. Dr. D and Alfred met.  The rest is history. Alfred was good friends with my younger brother Vince and they would get together and write parodies. Since I had recording equipment and friends who were players, we would occasionally record songs with them. Al went off to college and became "Weird AL" during the time I was on the road. In 1981 Al asked me to play on his demo "Happy Birthday" with Bermuda Schwartz and Richard "Bopcat" Bennet. On Al's box set I am listed on the credits as Frank "From the Bank" Sanchez for that tune. Other songs that I played with Al are "Cyclotron" a tune that later evolved into "Nature Trail to Hell" , "Number One with A Bullet", and "American Slob". I know that we did more but, they all escape me. I have a basement tape entitled "Crampton Comes Alive". Believe me, you don't want to hear it.  Al would shoot me.

27-77 @ Jul 1 2008, 12:30 PM wrote: another question...
How come Elvis was listed for most of the concert bootlegs? He didn't record all those, and I don't think he discovered that many of them either...
You are right, I didn't record any bootlegs. I think they're listed under my name only because I have them listed on my trade page.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

Speaking of which, when are you going to start trading again?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

27-77 @ Jul 1 2008, 11:30 AM wrote: How come Elvis was listed for most of the concert bootlegs? He didn't record all those, and I don't think he discovered that many of them either...
No, but he does (or did, rather) distribute them via his trade page, so he's still the source for a given collection or concert, regardless of where he may have gotten the original recording from.

If some guy named Bob also came up to me and said, "Hey, I also offer cassettes of that show," then Bob's tape would also be listed as an additional "release." It all has to do with who is publicly offering what in a tangible form.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;