The big Songography discussion topic

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Barney Slayer @ Jun 22 2008, 09:05 AM wrote: Well, looks like ATY solved the mystery.
Yay I feel special!!!!! :D
Oh snap!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Al covered "My Humps" and I missed it? :o :oo :9~

:lol:
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
piranha
Addicted

Post by piranha »

I bought the rifftrax the day it came out, and I listen to it over and over... Did I mention I don't own the movie? :P
they/them pronouns please !! (previously: CrazyWeirdAlLady)
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

I suppose there's no appropriate topic for this question. Perhaps we can change the topic title to a generic "songography" topic where we can inquire about songs we do not recognize.

For example- I would like to know more about the following.
Any information on even merely ONE song will make me happy. I'll even share any info I have for others. Good idea, guys? Yes? No? Perhaps?
-
I'll ask for INFORMATION on a few songs everyonce in a while so that my list won't everwhelm everyone . NO file trading is being requested by me. Youtube clips of tv appearances would be appreciated if allowed by mods. Thank you kindly!

Accordion Tuning (2007)
-is this from the radio interview where Al was handed a poor quality accordion? "This accordion makes me want to kill" Al says, as he plays it.

Al-In-The-Box
I understand its a TV appearance song. What program? Is it on youtube? Am I allowed to ask if these songs are on youtube? :ph34r:

Is there any "unplugged" clips of AP and LAS? All I can find is Eat It

Aqualung (2006) ???
Auld Lang Syne (1997)-tv appearance? what program?
Auld Lang Syne (Drunk Version) (2005)- ditto
Cars (2005)
China Grove (2007)
Close To You (1999)

The various alternate "ACS" versions from Albuquerque, Puyallup, Cincinnati, etc)
Did he use the names of the city he was performing in? Or a nearby "tolerative of that sort of thing" stereotypical town?

I have plenty more songs to ask about. However, I don't intend to have a huge Santa list. Thank you kindly, everyone.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

Man, Al covering "My Humps" is definetly something I gotta hear!!! :lol:
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

haha, it's just one line, but it's pretty funny. The whole Jurassic Park Rifftrax is great. I've watched with Al and Mike's commentary about 3 times.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

Is that on a DVD or something?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

These answers are all from my memory. I may double check my notes later on and need to come back to correct or tweak an answer, just FYI.
NNY273000 @ Jun 23 2008, 10:05 AM wrote: Accordion Tuning (2007)
-is this from the radio interview where Al was handed a poor quality accordion?
Yep.

Al-In-The-Box
This was a medley/"mega mix"-style video that The Box edited together to promote Al's boxed set when it came out. I guess it's a bit of a cheat to list it as a separate song since it just contains elements from others, but the network treated it as its own "track" and programmed it in their rotation as such; so be it then.

Aqualung (2006)
from "I Love the '70s Volume II"

Auld Lang Syne (1997)-tv appearance?  what program?
from the 1996 special "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve"...of course, this song was performed (by all the guests) at midnight on January 1, 1997.

Auld Lang Syne (Drunk Version) (2005)- ditto
from "I Love the Holidays"

Cars (2005)
from "I Love the '80s 3-D"...playing the opening riff on accordion, yet!

China Grove (2007)
That one's according to Weirdal.com.

Close To You (1999)
originally from the infamous 1999 Albuquerque concert

The various alternate "ACS" versions from Albuquerque, Puyallup, Cincinnati, etc) Did he use the names of the city he was performing in?  Or a nearby "tolerative of that sort of thing" stereotypical town?
It seemed to vary from show to show whether or not he would say "Alabama" or find some locally appropriate similar city/region name to use.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

CatraDhtem @ Jun 22 2008, 05:15 AM wrote:

Remember, this is a list for those wanting to track down every tiny bit of musical miscellany Al has performed.
Ah, I kid. You're doing a great job!

Plus, I love that AOBTD bit.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Changed title to reflect questions about the Songography. I don't think we need a separate topic for every little one-liner or songling that Al has done.

I'm aware the songography posted on my website is out of date. It takes a little while to convert it to HTML. It's a mostly automated process, but there is some manual formatting I have to do. The December one came at a really busy time for me and it kept getting pushed lower on my to do list. I saw Greg sent a new one for June, but I haven't opened the email yet. I'll try to get that posted soon....

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!