Al's Funniest Song

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Al's Funniest Song

Post by weird_el »

So, what do you guys think Al's funniest song is/are?

IMO they are:

Parody w/video -- Fat (ding dong, YO!)

Parody wo/video -- Jerry Springer (that goat doesn't love you!)

Original song -- Dog Eat Dog or I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead

Funniest moment in a Polka Medley -- either I'm a loser, baby so why don't you kill me, EVERYBODY! from Alternative Polka or the Myron Floren meets Twisted Sister moment in Hooked on Polkas.

El
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

I think Al's funniest song (not my favorite) is Dare To Be Stupid. I haven't seen the Video yet, maybe it has to do with Launch.com not having it (don't worry I don't download Al songs, I just don't think veiwing his videos online is a crime though is it?) I just love the Dare To Be Stupid tyle. The words that make no sense. So why don't you just "Put down that chainsaw and listen to me!"
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
DXSSI

Post by DXSSI »

Parody w/ Video: Gump. The visual gags rule in this video.

Parody w/o Video: Alimony (parody of Mony Mony by Tommy James & the Shondells.) This one is just surprisingly funny.

Original w/ Video: You Don't Love Me Anymore. I love the part where Al picks up the guitar, giving us the idea that he'll start playing too, but suddenly puts it right back down again.

Original w/o Video: Good Old Days. The things Al sings about are the last things I would imagine to hear about from the good old days.

Favorite Polka Medley Moment: Perhaps his sendup of Every Breath You Take in Polkas on 45. I crack up every time I hear the heavy breathing in-between the bursts of lyrics.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Parody wo/video -- Jerry Springer (that goat doesn't love you!)

So why have I seen a video of the part where he says he's been sleeping with her dog Woofy and she says Woofy you b**ch. I know I have seen it. Hmmm, now I won't be able to figure it out.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

So why have I seen a video of the part where he says he's been sleeping with her dog Woofy and she says Woofy you b**ch. I know I have seen it. Hmmm, now I won't be able to figure it out.

What are you talking about? There's never been any video like that....

Boy, you sure can imagine things.

:sleepy:

Seriously, I think that was shot specifically for the tour (although I do recall Al saying once that a "Jerry" music video was considered).
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Oh great. I must be losing it... Somebody help me out here. It had to be on WAY live at some time during Jerry Springer. It's not a whole video. But I can picture it. Or hallucinate it... Al is in a short hair wig and his girl is sitting in the chair beside him on a Jerry Springer like stage...

Can I install a prozac dispenser by my computer?
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Oh great. I must be losing it... Somebody help me out here. It had to be on WAY live at some time during Jerry Springer. It's not a whole video. But I can picture it. Or hallucinate it... Al is in a short hair wig and his girl is sitting in the chair beside him on a Jerry Springer like stage...

Can I install a prozac dispenser by my computer?

:dontgetit:

Um .... Scotti .... re-read CD's post, wouldja? ....
Seriously, I think that was shot specifically for the tour (although I do recall Al saying once that a "Jerry" music video was considered).

:lookround:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Whew! I guess I missed that last little bit of CD's post. Good thing too. I don't have room by my computer for that dispenser.

:dontgetit:

Topic?

I think, at least today, that Trigger Happy is one of the funniest.

I filled that kitty cat so full of lead
We'll have to use him for a pencil instead."
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I really can't decide what's funniest-- it tends to vary with my mood. And there's so much to choose from! I'll keep trying to make up my mind, though, no matter how dangerous it gets.

From another discussion board:
I worked one summer when I was 14 for this lodge... My co-worker and I had a slow day so we were doing the outside windows of the lodge with the tunes on. Well on comes Weird Al with "like a surgeon". We laughed so hard my co-worker nearly fell off the ladder.
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

this is quite possibly the most impossible question i have ever heard. there are way too many funny al songs to decide which is the funniest. i guess albuquerque and one more minute are up there at the top somewhere with several others. bite me is hilarious just because it scares the crap out of everyone. me and a bunch of my friends were riding around in a van listening to OTDE one time. after the album was over, we forgot all about bite me. after about 15 minutes of silence, all these loud horrible sounds come out of the stereo. everyone in the van screamed and we almost wrecked and died. ahh... good times.