Misinterpreted Lyrics

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Oh, gees, Stan. Well, he did try to join this site once, but was thwarted right away. You will never see him here. I was a member of the newsgroup briefly, and I do remember him. The guy was just weird...and creepy. I could definitely see that alt.total.loser line as a reference to Stan.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
barglenawdlezouzman
Obsessed

Post by barglenawdlezouzman »

i once had no idea what the idea of bob was
the whistles go woooo-bubb rubb
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

:lol: Yeah me too. I just thought that since it was done in the style of Bob Dylan and he is a little quirky that is why everything was a little off. Then I heard Al say in an interview that all of the lines in Bob were palidromes and light bulb went off.

So no fear that the tamborine man got a hold of Al! :lol:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
barglenawdlezouzman
Obsessed

Post by barglenawdlezouzman »

i knew it was about palindromes, but i thought palindromes were random signs
the whistles go woooo-bubb rubb
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

:ph34r:
Oh snap!
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Aw, this is a sad day for me, because I just found out that the phrase "bear claw" in Albuquerque refers to an actual pastry that I never heard of before. I just thought Al was randomly asking for actual bear claws at a bakery, and that made the line ridiculously funny to me. Oh, well.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Bear claws are way yummy, though. Bummer that Al didn't get any donuts at all. Weasels on your face is not a good replacement, either.

:lol:
Leave it Wikipedia to assume they're more of a West Coast thing. I'm in the Midwest and have known about bear claws for a long time.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

AlejandraDD @ December 21, 2008 08:48 am wrote: Aw, this is a sad day for me, because I just found out that the phrase "bear claw" in Albuquerque refers to an actual pastry that I never heard of before. I just thought Al was randomly asking for actual bear claws at a bakery, and that made the line ridiculously funny to me. Oh, well.
I never thought of looking at it that way, but yeah that would add a little more comedy to that song. :lol:

And I agree with Patti, bear claws are one my favorite doughnuts! Yum!
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
sataneatscheezwhiz
Obsessed

Post by sataneatscheezwhiz »

i live in PA, and I didn't see my first bear claw pastry thing until thanksgiving, when my brother pointed one out to me. I didn't know bear claws were real pastries either, up until then.
"Since when is hitting people with big metal sticks NOT fun?"

"I saw your head, so I just HAD to poke it."
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

They sell bear claws at almost every pastry store in Indiana, but most people in Florida have never heard of them.... even those from up north or out west. Bear claw? What's that?
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep