Al Meets Cledus

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

I think it's a good idea. They should release it on a 45.

Wait...

I think it's a good idea. They should release it on iTunes.
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

They could do a rock song for Al, and a country song for Cledus

a parody of Does He Love You by Reba McEntire & Linda Davis would be THE BEST country duet song possible for those two....if this would ever happen
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Al Meets Cledus

Post by minnick27 »

Im gonna go ahead and resurrect this 6 and half year old topic. I know that he is actually a big fan of Al's. He has 9 albums that are like Al's, plus a Christmas album and a tribute to Ray Stevens. In those 9, he has mentioned Al on probably half. He has actually mentioned several times that he wants to do a duet with Al (Im A Little Bit Country) including at least once when he hosted a show on CMT. Im curious what Al thinks of him. Aside from the CMT comedy special that Al was a commenter on, Ive never seen anything from Al about him. And even that was just a quick joke, not an actual commentary on him. Al has mentioned alot of comedy musicians he likes over the years, but I cant recall a single mention of Cledus. Also Im curious about Dr Dementos thoughts. I did a quick check on DMDB.org and Cledus has only been played 22 times, so it seems to me that Dr Demento doesnt think much of him. I know he is country and the show is more rock, but hes played plenty of Ray Stevens and Homer and Jethro.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

I found out about Cledus from Dr. D when he played "Indian In-Laws," which is one of Judd's better songs, IMO. I haven't listened to him for a while, and I think he's way more hit and miss than Al, but he has some stuff I enjoy. I seem to remember that he got kind of political over that whole Dixie Chicks thing, and there was one song that struck me as pretty racist. (Can't remember what that was now.)
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I don't remember if I've posted in this topic before, but he's always seemed to be more in the "how do I change the words to be funny and get this new music out ASAP" category rather than taking the time to craft a good song/album. There's about a full albums worth of his stuff that I actually like.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

He also inserts himself into his songs too much for my taste. I get that it's just a different approach than what Al does and that technically "Cledus" is a character, but it gets old. I would agree that there's probably about a dozen songs total that I would call keepers. But I can't really think of anyone else who's even come that close to doing what Al does, so I'll give him credit for that.