1980's concert

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

oddaustin
Regular

Re: 1980's concert

Post by oddaustin »

I was not yet existent in the 1980s.
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

I saw Al in the 80s as well when the Monkees closed for him. I was well aware of who Al was. I first saw the video for Eat It at an elementary school skating party. First album I bought was DTBS but quickly went back and got his previous releases. I saw Al again for the OTDE tour in Indianapolis. Considering we did not have cable growing up and we obviously did not have the internet, I joined CPFOA to get the latest on Al news. I had to rely on the newspapers and radio ads for concert dates and I'm sure I missed some opportunities to see him live.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

How old are you?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I'm pretty old. Not as old as Al, but old. I was a kid in the 80s, and considered Al a novelty artist.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I was born the same year as album number 1, 1983... didnt hear my first Al song until 89 "I Love Rocky Road" which I then became an instant die-hard fan... didn't see him live until 1999 when he played the Evergreen State Fair in my hometown of Monroe, WA. But on the note of shows from the 1980's I do have a cd of a complete live set he played in 1984 in support of In 3-D!!
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Just re-mentioning that I have a CD of a complete live set he played in 1984, cause its so awesome!!

..and also, I spied THIS.... cause ya know... its impossible to be 11 when first hearing Off the Deep End when viewing this quot.....
JCM wrote:I'm pretty old. Not as old as Al, but old. I was a kid in the 80s, and considered Al a novelty artist.

Just joking with ya JCM!!! Just trying to nail down that ever elusive age of yours thats all!! :good:
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

joseyklein wrote:..and also, I spied THIS.... cause ya know... its impossible to be 11 when first hearing Off the Deep End when viewing this quot.....
JCM wrote:I'm pretty old. Not as old as Al, but old. I was a kid in the 80s, and considered Al a novelty artist.
Wow, I really hope you're joking.

Now that I remember, I have seen one particular concert from the 80s. It was the first one he used a fat suit for, and the audience reaction was priceless.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

joseyklein wrote:Just joking with ya JCM!!! Just trying to nail down that ever elusive age of yours thats all!! :good:
He's 15, he told me himself. Mystery's over, folks. Lets move on.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Well, right on, thanks Ryan!! Back to the 80's for us.... lets see we got Weird Al, Michael Jackson, Freddy Kreuger.......